3 || what happens in vegas

Start from the beginning

"You got ID?", he asks in a deep voice.

"No.", I answer, giving him a very displeased look.

"I can't let you in then."

"Seriously? I'm not planning on gambling, I didn't inherit that addiction, I'm just going to yell at my father, then I'll be off again.", I roll my eyes.

"Look, miss, we've got some big spenders and big names in here tonight. I can't let you in without ID.

"I just told you, I'm not going to gamble!", I sigh, frustrated,

"Tony Stark is in there right now and with the amount he spends, I don't need your money.", he says, looking down on me like I'm a speck of dirt.

I gawp, "Are you being serious?"

Something seems to click in his mind, "Oh my god. You're Aurelia Stark!"

"Yeah, took you long enough to figure that one out.", I saunter past him, into the casino.

Rhodey catches up with me, "You managed to talk your way in here?"

"It's all in the last name; sometimes a curse, sometimes a blessing.", I shrug.

A large crowd of cheering people are gathered around one table in the middle of the room, and it's a safe assumption that my father is at that very table. Barging my way through the crowd, with Rhodey close on my heel, I walk up to my heavily intoxicated father. He's stood extremely close to a random woman, who I guarantee he won't remember the name of tomorrow, if he even knows it now, that is.

"We should just stay till the morning.", he murmurs to her.

Just as I open my mouth, ready to cuss up a storm, Rhodey places a hand on my shoulder and speaks for me, "You are unbelievable."

"Oh no! Did they rope you into this?"

"Nobody roped me into anything!", Rhodey exclaims.

"I'm so sorry.", Dad says, very insincerely.

"But they told me that if I presented you with an award you'd be deeply honored."

"Of course I'd be deeply honored. And it's you, that's great. So when do we do it?"

Now it's my turn to join the conversation, "Did. Past tense."

He grins widely, "Oh, hey, munchkin! You're here too! How did you get all the way to Vegas?"

"We came here together.", I say, gawping at the state he's in, "Here's your award, dipshit.", I thrust the shiny glass trophy into his hands.

"Somebody's a bit grumpy.", he mumbles, before turning back to his gambling, "Wow. Would you look at that. That's something else. I don't have any of those floating around.", he says, extremely enthusiastically, whilst handing the trophy off to one of the skimpily-dressed ladies.

I snatch the trophy from her, throwing a scowl her way, "I am genuinely contemplating smashing this over your head right now.", I warn him.

"Uh, we're gonna let it ride!", he continues focusing on wasting all his money.

"Yeah, just gamble that away. I didn't want an inheritance when you inevitably keel over anyway.", I say sarcastically.

When he ignores me once again, I roll my eyes and turn to leave, "Lia, wait.", Without even looking back at me, he grabs my wrist and drags me back to the table.

I groan, "What?"

"I need you...", oh, that's actually kind of sweet, "to blow on my dice.", he finishes.