―v. thalia torches a new england town

Start from the beginning

"We're twins! How many millennia do we have to argue—" 

"So what's up?" he interrupted. "Got the girls with you, I see. You all need some tips on archery?" 

Artemis grit her teeth. "I need a favor. I have some hunting to do, alone. I need you to take my companions to Camp Half-Blood." 

"Sure, sis!" Then he raised his hands in a "stop everything" gesture. "I feel a haiku coming on." 

The Hunters all groaned. Apparently they'd met Apollo before. 

He cleared his throat and held up one hand dramatically. 

"Green grass breaks through snow.
Artemis pleads for my help.
I am so cool."

He grinned at them, waiting for applause. 

"That last line was only four syllables," Artemis said. 

Apollo frowned. "Was it?" 

"Yes. What about I am so big-headed?" 

"No, no, that's six syllables. Hmm." He started muttering to himself. 

Zoë Nightshade turned to Naomi and her companions. "Lord Apollo has been going through this haiku phase ever since he visited Japan. 'Tis not as bad as the time he visited Limerick. If I'd had to hear one more poem that started with, There once was a goddess from Sparta—

"I've got it!" Apollo announced. "I am so awesome. That's five syllables!" He bowed, looking very pleased with himself. "And now, sis. Transportation for the Hunters, you say? Good timing. I was just about ready to roll."

"These demigods will also need a ride," Artemis said, pointing to them. "Some of Chiron's campers." 

"No problem!" Apollo checked them out. "Let's see... Thalia, right? I've heard all about you." 

Thalia blushed. "Hi, Lord Apollo." 

"Zeus's girl, yes? Makes you my half-sister. Used to be a tree, didn't you? Glad you're back. I hate it when pretty girls turn into trees. Man, I remember one time—" 

"Brother," Artemis said. "You should get going." 

"Oh, right." Then he looked at Naomi and Percy, and his eyes narrowed. "Percy Jackson and Naomi Murphy?" 

"Yeah. I mean... yes, sir," Percy responded.

Apollo studied them, but he didn't say anything, which was deeply unsettling. 

"Well!" he said at last. "We'd better load up, huh? Ride only goes one way—west. And if you miss it, you miss it."

Naomi looked at the convertible, which would seat two people max, and there were about twenty passengers. 

"Cool car," Nico said. 

"Thanks, kid," Apollo said. 

"But how will we all fit?" 

"Oh." Apollo seemed to notice the problem for the first time. "Well, yeah. I hate to change out of sports-car mode, but I suppose..." 

He took out his car keys and beeped the security alarm button. Chirp, chirp

For a moment, the car glowed brightly again. When the glare died, the convertible had been replaced by a shuttle bus. 

"Right," he said. "Everybody in." 

Zoë ordered the Hunters to start loading. She picked up her camping pack, and Apollo said, "Here, sweetheart. Let me get that." 

Zoë recoiled. Her eyes flashed murderously.