Yudi guides Rajveer

'Cadet Sahni'
Yudi was running late for Lolita Mam's class but on his favourite officer's command, how could he not stop?
'Yes Mam'
Shalini was smiling, and a bit envious of Naina.

'Congratulations.. I heard a few girls rejecting Huda's flirting attempts yesterday.' Yudi blushed and looked down.

'But what is this I am hearing? You are in love with your mentor?'
Yudi was shocked! How could Shalini know that he was in love with her when he has never flirted with her, although now he has a few tricks up his sleeve but still.. it was difficult to work up the courage to flirt with her meaningfully and not be reminded of boundaries.

'Mam.. I swear.. I never meant to.. How do you.. ' he moved towards her in a hurry not realising when he became her old Yudi. Shalini's heart went out to him and decided to be a guide first and ignore her silly jealousy. 'Relax Cadet.. Mai Naina ki baat kar rahi thi. I heard you are in love with Naina.'

'No Doctor Shalini!' Both of them turned towards the loud announcement of the new entrant in their conversation, Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat.

'He is still young to understand the difference between love and dependency. Naina was kind to him, taught him the way ahead and he disillusioned himself into thinking that he is in love with her.' All this time, Yudi was smirking. He knew what Captain meant. So did Shalini.
But now, he decided to play along..

'No Sir. Naina said she will only love a man who doesn't think it as wrong or a feeling to be ashamed of. She wants a man who is proud of falling in love with her. Love isn't wrong. The actions we take that can hurt the person we love in the name of his or her betterment without considering that person as important enough to be consulted.. are wrong.'

Rajveer was ashamed and for the first time.. guided by a student.

He had led Naina to his quarters and shouted at her for completely losing her focus from studies until she told him all her grades and asked him to be aware of her grades like a mentor first and be a social worker next. He was speechless and realised that all this time, he was more focused on saving himself a rejection by avoiding her in the past, scared of making himself vulnerable, making her run after him to know her fault and now, using her studies as an excuse to shout on her for hurting him..

He had seen her walk with Abhimanyu, him offering her a flower as she blushingly accepted. All his frustration had boiled over.

For the first time, he had understood how she must have felt seeing him with another woman, walk out the radio room hand in hand as she stood by the pillar, hidden and watched. She may not love him but first he had abandoned her, then fought with Huda throwing her reputation in the air only for relieving his feelings of guilt by a bashing. . .

'I am sorry, Mam but I am getting late for class. My flirting attempts wouldn't work on Lolita Mam!' Yudi was smiling watching Rajveer Sir's lost puppy look.

'Naina is a great choice'. Shalini smiled,'Cadet Sahni.' looking smartly at Rajveer from her peripheral vision.

'She is Mam..' Yudi smiled.. 'but not for me..' this time his smile was aimed at Rajveer who understood the double meaning as he looked up to confirm what he meant..

Rajveer walked away as normally as he could, without showing any signs of his hurt heart while Yudi smiled sheepishly at Shalini.

'So what else did your love mentor say about her future love?' Shalini watched Captain walk away, she wanted to make up for her mistake of trying to match Ritu with Rajveer despite knowing where his heart lied.

'Oh.. she didn't say anything..'
'What!'

Yudi ran while Shalini stood shocked at the deserved but false scolding he just gave to Rajveer!!

And Pooja was busy collecting money from Soori Ji who had confidently bet 1000 Rs on Yudi to make him feel confident. Suri Ji was upset and swore never to gamble again.

'Ehh.. Pooja Puttar, Lolita Ji nu mat batana.'

'Kya, Suri Ji?'