deathly request, i

OPEN LIMBS STRETCHED AGAINST A SCRATCHY wet surface

OPEN LIMBS STRETCHED AGAINST A SCRATCHY wet surface. The uncomfortable sensation pricking her skin as she was forced to close her eyes due to the blazing sun found a way to leak through the thick green leaves, which were used to create shade from the irritating light. Even hiding from the burning rays, the sunlights arrows still found a way to set upon her skin. There was, however, no illumination. She had gotten used to the brightness, seeing as death regarded that life didn't have particular interests in the sun. She spent the past year of her life in a battle-worn embrace with ardent words, and had been left behind with scorching burns.

            A wisp of air became louder as polished footsteps came closer. Already in knowledge of what was to occur, she had decided to allow her flesh extra time to stay against a prickly viridian pasture. As a metallic aroma grew, so did the shadow, eventually concealing the sun and warmth at once. She knew death was not dormant, and despised being unseen. From the years of interaction between the two, they would be considered conscious of one another.

             A disembodied and husky tuned voice was heard as her eyes laid shut, "Jane," the footsteps had ceased, and from the motions that she could feel - Death had leaned against a heightened silk-soft tree, as flakes began to doze off with a pack of dandelions. "You must get ready, you are almost due for your next escapade."

             Jane had to force a threatening chuckle down her throat, knowing it wasn't wise to tempt Death in her own ironic amusement. "Yes, how I can't wait for a new adventure. Pardon me, isn't that what you called it last time?" Lifting her back from the field, Jane took to staring at a flock of onyx birds that soared near a scorching sun.

              It seemed Death had gained forbearance from the centuries he had known her, and took nothing to process from what was produced from her lips. The two's encounter was as unexpected as her soon to be request. "You've certainly never expressed your contemplation with our arrangement." Allowing some breath for her to speak, he received nothing but a pondering silence.

              A sharp breath was inhaled as she refused to meet his obsidian eyes. "I have... shown you my deliberation, with this subjugation-" Death let out a humorless chuckle, but Jane had preferred not to give notice to it. "However, you had established that my thoughts and confabulation are nothing but foolish arguments."

             Rolling his eyes at her accusations, he too, took a moment to excogitate her examination of their bond. Death had experienced this conversation with Jane before, but her voice never showed such consideration on their arguments before. In all honesty, Death hadn't a clue as to why he was harkening to her thoughts. Curious as to where this conversation would lead them, he arranged his position on the bark, allowing him to stare down at her.

              "I am quite entranced as to where you expect this conversation to lead to." He nodded down at her, ignoring how she refused to eye him at all.

               Regaining her focus from the ash covered mountains that laid afar from where she resided, her gaze burned as her eyes made contact with his. It was petrifying, really. Even after all the times she had stared into the obsidian glossed eyes that belonged to Death, Jane would never be able to look and not feel her veins start to envelop her into a solitude of dejectedness and sorrow. It was almost pitiful.

                Not wanting to be enclosed in something so wretched, her eyes averted, but not before catching the glimpse of a deeper frown play on Death's features. "It's fair, in my opinion, after being obsequious for many years-" again, he chuckled dryly, however, this time it sounded more cynical. "I have a request."

              Too quickly, with wide-stricken-eyes, he asked: "What's your request?" Not even bothering to curse himself for looking desperate, a bit in shock that the once virtuous girl he had met, was just now making an ask for personal favors.

               Her hard set eyes softened, but Death did not see. Refusing to peer up at him once more, in a small, albeit firm voice she spoke, "This time, when I meet a demise, I wish someone to come along with me."

              In a baffled breath, attempting a monotonous voice, he barely grasped at the conclusion. "You desire for me to put a bond with someone else?" Death saw as she fiercely shook her head, her nose wrinkling in distaste and revulsion. "I would never wish such an abhorrent fate upon anyone."

               His jaw clenched tightly, allowing her to see his jaw setting beneath his skin, knowing her vehement feelings of their agreements. "Then what are you implying, Jane?" She heard a bitter accent lace in with his usual calm and composed one.

                A crestfallen look set upon stone resided on her features as she did not have high hopes for his understanding of her behest - turning into a plea. "All I wish is that I do not die alone. It's always so lonely falling through the veil. It's all I ask, just this once."

              Death was certain, that he had heard the movement of blood flow through his dry veins, and the smallest movement of his heart began to reset as she stared into his eyes, and did not flinch at him. "You have the realization that this will only occur once, correct?" His words spoke with empty breaths.

               As she whispered the words, honey spoken, her eyes aligned with his own, he felt the sun had never been more perfect as it painted shades of dawn along her arctic eyes. "Will you marvel at my sanity if I said yes?" Death nodded. "Then yes."

a/n;
hi luvs, hope you enjoyed this prologue.
just a reminder, the future chapters will be much longer.
this was just the beginning.
i hope you have a beautiful day.