Chapter 1

Look, I know a lot of writing advice says you shouldn't start a book like this because it's too cliché. So, naturally, I'm going to completely ignore that because I can do whatever the hell I want. Also the cabins have flat roofs in this. You'll see why this is important.

Travis

I was woken by a scream, followed by someone shouting my name. "STOLL! I'm going to kill you!" I grinned. Who needs an alarm when they've got Katie Gardner? I tried to remember which prank it had been this time. My brain was still a bit fuzzy from waking up. Oh yes. The cow. I smiled at the thought of Katie's face when she discovered it. I wish I'd seen it, but seeing her face isn't enough to get me to wake up early. Or is it? I told the little voice in my head to shut up and started to get ready.

By the time I'd put on my jeans and camp shirt, Katie was already at the door, almost punching a hole through it and yelling at the top of her lungs. "STOLLS! Both of you! I know you're in there! Get your asses over here!" I went to open the door with a big smile on my face. "Good morning to you too, Katie-Kat. Beautiful day, isn't it? I heard you wanted to see my handsome face. Now tell me, what has our door ever done to you?"

"Travis, what the Hades is that cow doing on our roof?" Katie screamed at me, her hands on her hips. She was wearing all greens and browns, as usual. Sometimes I felt like she took being a daughter of the earth too seriously. (A/N: I know she isn't really a daughter of the earth because Gaea is earth, but you know what I mean.) To be fair, the colors did bring out her eyes. Not that I look at her eyes a lot. Then why did you think about them? I told myself to shut up again. I looked in the direction of the Demeter cabin, where the cow was enjoying the plants that grew up there. She didn't seem to be to bothered by the group of kids yelling at her from below. "It looks like she's just chilling. Maybe you should go ask the person, well cow, who is on your roof. Why are you asking me about it?" Katie rolled her eyes. "Because you and Connor obviously put her there. Don't even try to deny it. You two are the only ones who could be stupid enough to try something like this," Katie said. She wasn't wrong. "I think you mean dedicated." "No, I mean stupid." "Whatever you mean, I'm not the one with a cow on their roof." As if hearing our conversation, a loud moooo sounded from the Demeter cabin.

"Why in the world did this ever seem like a good idea to you?" I smiled sweetly, my answer ready. "Because I wanted you to have a friend who loves plants as much as you do." "Travis there's a difference between loving plants and loving to eat them." She let out a groan of frustration. "Why can't you ever act like a normal human being?" I shrugged. "If I was normal the I wouldn't be so awesome." I started to close the door but Katie stopped me. "Don't think you can just get away with this! You are so going to pay for this Stoll!" Katie threatened. "I'm sure I will." I smiled at her innocently. "Now, if you don't mind, I have to get ready for breakfast. Nice talking to you." And with that, I slammed the door in her face.

"You know she is going back at us right? Mostly you, but still I don't want to get caught in the middle of whatever this feud is," Connor said as I turned around. I shrugged. "How bad could it be? She's a child of Demeter. What is she going to do, put a bad-smelling plant in our cabin?" Connor silently shook his head at my assumptions and went to get ready.

Whooshhh

Do you hear that? No of course you don't this is a book dummy.

Anyway, it's the sound of time flying by.

I was wrong. I don't admit it often, but I was wrong underestimating Katie.

After she was on the ground again, no one knew what to do with the cow so the younger Demeter kids insisted on keeping her. They called her Stegi and gave her a little spot where she could graze. Things had been pretty quiet after that, so I'd kinda forgotten about Katie's getting back at me threat. i mean come on, if I needed to remember everyone screaming that at me, I'd go insane. I have a really busy prank-schedule to follow you know. Unfortunately for me, this meant I didn't see Katie's revenge coming at all.

Sooooo that was the first chapter. What do you guys think? If you liked it please click on the little star to vote ⭐️ Byeee