Chapter XVI

I get startled by the noise of my phone ringing. I reach over to see who it is. Karl. He's calling on FaceTime. I take a deep breath and sigh. 'It's fine, just smile and say it's okay.' Yeah, I'll do that. I press to accept the call and it loads for a bit before his worried face fills my screen.

"Hey, Karl." I beam, but even I can see the smile isn't reaching my eyes. I suck at lying to people's faces, and sometimes it's really embarrassing.

"Sapnap told me about the tweet" he doesn't even greet me back. "Are you okay?" He does that thing when his eyes look like a lost puppy. How dare he use that face against me?

"I'm fine." I sigh. "Just not how I wanted to show the world my face, you know?" I give him a lopsided smile. I don't want to come off as a damsel in distress.

"Yeah.." he keeps looking at me like it and it makes me bite my bottom lip.

"Let's talk about something else, yeah?" I say, trying to sound upbeat. "Yeah..." he mumbles. "OH! How about when you're visiting?" He squeaks. I smile for real this time.

"Yeah, do you know how to skate?" I ask him. We've never talked about skating before.

"Uhm.." he seems hesitant. "I can balance and do the basics?" He cringes and giggles at the same time. It looks rather funny so I start laughing with him.

"Well then, I'll teach you." I beam at him, for real this time. I can already envision me and Karl, both on our skateboards, on some street, or in some skatepark. I like that picture, and that can be my reality if only I go to visit him. I get a sudden urge to rush to the airport and catch the very next flight to him.

"Y/n..? Y/N?!" Karl yells, breaking my trance. I shake my head and blink at him.

"Hm? Sorry, spaced out." I excuse myself to him. He laughs at my apologetic expression.

"It's fine, what were you thinking about?" I smile at him.

"Just about how dumb you'll look skating." I lie to him sweetly. His face looks like that one emoji made up of a colon and an o. It looks really comedic.

"Oh." He says and I laugh. He joins in on the laughing pretty fast. I think he'd laugh even if someone was insulting him, he has that kind of vibe about him.

"Yeah, it looked funny." I grin at him and he fake pouts, sending us both into another round of laughter.

~A whole ass week later~

"NOOOO WHAT THE FUCK SAPNAP!?" I yell his gaming name for the stream's sake. He just brutally murdered me in Minecraft. We started a survival world an hour ago or so and I was in the middle of building a barn for my cows.

He laughs at me and I mutter a long line of swears under my breath so the stream won't catch exactly what I'm saying.

"I'm going to murder your dog." He states calmly but still threatening as if he wants a reaction out of it. And oh what a reaction he'll get.

"Bitch I dare you," I say as scarily as I can.

"Oh, you dare me? I'm so scared." He mocks me in a high-pitched voice. 'Oh, it's on.' I think.

"Yeah, you should be." I frown as I turn around, heading towards his base instead of the barn. He sees it and starts panicking.

"Where are you going? NOOO, Y/N DON'T YOU DARE MURDER MY FOXES I'LL MURDER YOU AGAIN!" He screams.

"DO IT! I'LL RESPAWN ANYWAYS!" I yell back.

"You idiot!" He insults me and I look over on his stream to see him chasing me with his knock-back sword. What a moron. Who puts knock-back on their sword?

I run through the nonexistent door to his base and start hitting one of the foxes with my fire aspect iron sword.

"NOO!" He yells and starts hitting me while I'm laughing uncontrollably. I can't even play properly so he manages to kill me. "That's what you get for attempting murder on my foxes idiot." He frowns.

"You- you just" I'm stuttering the words out between laughs. "You just killed me over a fox." I finally manage to say.

"Yeah because you were killing it and it was mine!" He argues. I just snicker at him and walk over to finish the barn.

"Will we beat the dragon?" My brother reads out the chat. "No, this pussy could never do that." He says viciously. I let out a gasp.

"I'll have you know, I could easily beat that dragon if I wanted to," I exclaim, letting my pride get the best of me.

"Okay, bet." Sapnap cuts me off. "Beat the ender dragon and I'll leave you alone, don't and I'll get to kill all your cows."

And that is how I lost all of my cows.

"HAH! He killed all of your cows!" Dream yells at me before letting out a very loud wheeze.

"Yeah, yeah. Laugh all you want, green son of a bitch." I mutter at him which makes everyone in the call start laughing, even Karl. I pinch my lips to stop the smile.

"She just roasted you!" Quackity shrieks before continuing his obnoxious laughing. I smirk, that wasn't really a roast but I'll let it slide since it was against that green blob bitch.

"One, she didn't, and two, she is cowless." Said green bitch wheezes at his made-up word. I snort, but Karl beats me to it.

"That's not even a word." He laughs in my defense. Or just to bully Dream, it's not often they get an opportunity to do that I assume. That's why they need me I guess.

"Yeah Dream, stop acting like we're idiots," Sapnap says. Of course, he'd agree with Karl. I roll my eyes at the thought of their 'engagement'. It's so stupid. I smile at it nonetheless, it's just so dorky.

When the call goes quiet Karl speaks up. "So, when are you coming?" He did not. Shit. I haven't told Nick yet about the possibility of me visiting Karl.

"Uhmmm.." I stall.

"WHAT?" A collective word in the call. 'That's rare' I think before answering.

"Karl, I kinda haven't-" I get abruptly interrupted by my brother.

"Since when are you visiting Karl?" He asks me, and I know that a wrong answer will make him explode.

"Well.." I start but get interrupted again. What is it with people interrupting me these days?

"Oh, we've planned this for like two weeks," Karl says, oblivious. I facepalm before the questions start rolling in. And even worse, my brothers raging.

"YOU HAVE WHAT?" Sapnap screams. He doesn't scream often, so it's alarming when he does. Or, he does scream, just not on full volume. I grimace.

"Karl, are you cheating on us?" Quackity asks.

"Ohhh Karl is getting all the girls." Dream taunts him at the same time. I sigh. This is horrible. And it's about to get even worse.