Chapter XVIII

(special thanks to my friend @-vera-g- for helping me with this chapter. we had a blast making this so enjoy or else)

I wake up to the smell of pancakes filling the air. I sit up and gently rub the sleep out of my eyes. I slowly pull myself out of the bed, feeling the cold floor beneath my feet. Walking down the stairs I hear my dad cursing under his breath, and I wonder what he's so mad about. I come in to see him staring at the pan as if it has insulted him. He looks up at the sound of my footsteps and I furrow my brows, confused.

"I burned the pancakes" he looks me dead in the eyes. I snort and start hysterically laughing. I calm down enough to speak to him.

"It's ok, I'll help you," I say, making my way over to the stove, pushing him out of my way. Luckily, I see that there's a fair amount of batter left in the bowl. I throw away the burned pancakes and start making new ones. While doing so, my father starts setting the table.

When we're about done my mother and Nick walk into the kitchen. My mom gives me and dad a big smile and praises us for taking the time to make breakfast for everyone. Sapnap, on the other hand, looks like he just rose from the grave. I pinch my lips in his direction and then take out the syrup.

We all enjoy our breakfast (Sap still looks dead though) in silence, the only sound to be heard is the clinking from the silverware and a hushed cough here and there. It's nice though like it's not a necessarily awkward silence that's filling the room. I'm still mad with my brother though, for showing so little appreciation for my great effort.

Once I've taken care of all the dishes, with mom's help because Nick fled the room as soon as he was done and dad went to the living room because he was tired from making the pancakes. I was doubtful about that, he didn't actually do all too much, but it was better than my brother who just sleepily dragged himself upstairs again. Probably to continue sleeping or some shit.

I sigh as I make my way upstairs, not entirely sure what to do with today. I could always just go refill my provision of Monsters, but how fun would that be? Plus that'd go by really fast and I had a whole day to fill. Maybe I could just watch old streams? Like Karl's and Sapnap's and shit? Although I'm weren't in the mood to watch any of my brother's content right now.

Ends up with me, not watching any stream, but doing my makeup and getting dressed for the day. Very productive of me if I do say so myself. It's nothing too fancy, just a casual outfit with some natural makeup. I mainly did this to go to the store and get Monsters, but who has to know that? No one, which is perfect.

I go downstairs and to the hall and get my shoes on before basically stealing Sapnap's car. But I made him pancakes, so it's kinda just a favor for a favor, right? Yeah, let's put it like that. I jump (literally jump, I'm not short for my age but this thing is huge) into the driver's seat and pull out from the driveway with a rather smooth motion. I loved driving, it was one of the best feelings in the world.

I get my Monsters but feel like I want something else so I keep driving until I arrive at a boba shop I really like and order a takeaway boba coffee. They are just out of this world. I wait with drinking it until I get home though, it's served cold anyways.

I decide to eat in the kitchen, seated in my usual chair, while scrolling through Twitter. How was it so addicting? I had no clue, so I just didn't bother thinking about it. Then Karl calls me. On facetime. 'I wonder why he's up?' I quietly wonder as I sip my boba, pressing 'accept call'.

"Hey Karl" I greet him once I've swallowed the sip of coffee.

"Hi y/n!" He greets me back. I smile unwillingly at his overjoyed expression. He's in his gaming chair as usual, and his nails have a different color again.