Chapter twenty-seven

Start from the beginning

They have a deep understanding for each other. Cole and Isaac have such a band, and even Kayden and I have one. It's because as a person we are alike, yet different.

"Why don't we have a movie night to celebrate?" Ethan suggested. 

He knows me too well. I can never get enough of spending time with my brothers. I never say no to some company, I've been alone enough these past years. 

The last few weeks, my brothers were extremely busy with work. Problems kept coming their way, trying to take them down, but each and every time they found a solution. 

The hunt for Nick didn't go as smooth as we had hoped for. There was not a single trace of him. It was as if he had completely disappeared from the earth. 

They were working as hard as ever, they never seemed to have a moment of peace anymore. And to be honest it worried me. 

"I think we all deserve some time to relax," I said with a small smile. 

With 'we' I meant them. 

"Can we order Chinese? I've been craving it for days," Ethan whined. 

"Sure. Will you inform the rest of our plans tonight?" Cole polity asked. 

The twins nodded and left the room without another word leaving us alone. 

"Now that we're alone, I can take a look at your ribs," he softly said. 

I laid back on the couch and pulled my shirt up, so my ribs were fully exposed. Cole started to gently poke the ones that were broken. I felt no pain, that is a good sign.

After a few he pulled my shirt back down saying he was done. 

"They are completely healed. I guess we have another thing to celebrate tonight," Cole chuckled. 

Finally.

Suddenly the rest of my brothers entered the room. Strange normally they worked till diner, not that I'm complaining. 

"We stopped a little earlier today, it's a Friday after all," Kayden explained when he saw my confused expression. 

"Good. Now that everyone is here, I want to ask something," I said. 

I have been thinking about it for a while now, but never found the courage to ask them because I knew they would be against it.

"Is something wrong?" Ethan asked concerned.

"No not at all. I want to learn how to defend myself. Before you all say no hear me out. You said it yourself that I'm an easy target, and with Nick on the loose, I don't want to take any chances," I nervously rattled. 

"We will always protect you. You don't have to feel obligated to learn how to fight," Cole answered. 

I expected at least someone to be against it, but hoped Cole would support me. He seemed the easiest to persuade, apparently not.

"I don't feel obligated, I want to learn. Don't you understand that I'm sick of being a helpless girl who can only rely on others for her own safety? It's not my intention to join the mafia or join fight clubs. I just want to know how to defend myself when I need to," I stated. 

A minute of suffocating silence passed by. 

"Honestly, I think it's a great idea," Kayden confessed. 

"Me too," Aiden and Ethan added at the same time. 

My eyes widened a bit by their words. I thought that Kayden and Aiden would be the hardest ones to convince.