Bonnie X Reader: Fake Break Up (Smut)

From the moment you woke up this morning, you have known that something interesting is going to happen. Today very much feels like it's going to be different to every day before it. You have yet to figure out why though.

Getting ready for the day is done on your own, so there's nothing yet to notify you of any changes. Even as you walk through the streets of Small Heath, nothing seems out of place. That is, until you arrive at work and pass your aunt, who shoots you a solemn look as she passes, seemingly trying to prepare you for what is to come, but she does not stop to explain. Instead, she carries on to where she needs to go, and so do you.

Your office is small and probably unnecessary, given how little work your brothers let you do. Even the legal side of the business is out of bounds to you. Your family has a hard time accepting that you are now a grown woman.

The door opens just as you're about to sit in your chair and look over the paperwork left on your desk. It's Tommy, and the look in his eyes tells you that you're about to find out what exactly is so different about today.

"My office," he's already walking away, leaving the door wide open, "now." Sighing and rolling your eyes at your over dramatic brother, you rise and follow him. His office is only across the hall from yours, so you don't see why this conversation has to be in a different location.

A quick walker, your brother is already in his office chair when you're just entering. You shut the door behind you and take a seat, preparing for the worst.

"I've been speaking to people," he starts, "and they've got concerns about the company you keep."

"Have they?" You ask innocently, despite knowing exactly where this is going. He knows about Bonnie. You've prepared for this, both of you have, in fact. So any way this conversation plays out, you've got a plan.

"Yes, they have," he confirms, "they say you've been out with a boy."

"And who's 'they'?" 'Who's the rat?' is what you really want to ask, but this will all be over faster if you remain calm and polite.

"Johnny Dogs." 'Rat'. You should have known it would be him. He's never liked the Gold's, and he's been aware of your interest in Bonnie since you met the boxer.

"Who exactly is Johnny concerned about?"

"You know who." Tommy doesn't have the patience for your innocent act, and you can see it in the way his jaw tightens, and you hear the bite in his words. Anyone would think he hates Bonnie, but it's not that. He's just not ready to accept that you're an adult now, still seeing you as his kid sister.

With a sigh, you nod your head. "Bonnie," you mutter, repressing an eye roll, "he's seen me with Bonnie."

"He has, and he doesn't like it. Neither do I."

"But you like Bonnie," you point out. Tommy nods in agreement.

"I do like him, but not with my kid sister."

"I'm not a kid!" You snap before you can stop yourself. All pretences of playing it cool have gone out the window as the infamous Shelby temper kicks in. You glare at your brother, which he returns. It's rare for him to show such emotion, but his overprotective and overbearing nature often appears when you or Finn do something he disagrees with.

"You may not be a kid," he grits his teeth, annoyance clear on his face, "but you're still too young to be seeing anyone, let alone the son of a hitman."

Knowing that you're getting nowhere, you let out an exasperated sigh and rub your face with your hands, breathing deeply to try to calm yourself.

"What do you want me to do then?" You're fully aware of what his answer is going to be.