"So, what happened between you and Michaela in the end? You still dating her?" She asked looking her plate avoiding eye contact. 

    "Um... she... she cheated on me two weeks later" I said with embarrassment  also looking down at my plate. I was ashamed. She was right. Michaela was a slut. After our fight I was just too ashamed to face Priya and apologize. Guilt rushed through my body as the words came out of my mouth. She nooded and mumbled a little apology. "So, us. What happened between us seven years ago. I guess we both were really crazy. I mean the whole situation was crazy, you had feelings for me, I had feelings for Michaela. God I mean we would have been complicated anyway but I guess you were right about Michaela, or as you call her, Voldemort." I said trying to get the awkwardness over with. She gave a little laugh and answered

    "What do you mean we would have been complicated. You didn't even try. You chose her over me and then blamed it on me. There is no reason for us to be complicated, I mean if we both can be best friends for so long, inseparable when we were small, we could have worked out a relationship. We could have atleast tried. But no. Michaela was more important." she sipped her beer still avoiding eye contact with me. 

    "Hey look, I didn't know Michaela would turn out like that and besides, we were best friends. If we screwed up a relationship, we screwed up our friendship too." I said putting my argument forward

    "Sure, Michaela tell you to get rid of drugs for her, but no, she is a good girl. And there was nothing to scew a relationship between us Rahul. We would have been perfect together. Everyone thought so. It was worth the risk." Before I could answer my phone started ringing. With an annoyed face I pulled it out of my pocket.

    "Great, it's my mother." I said before I picked it up and faked a smile, and tone. "Mum, hey."

    "Rahul dear, where are you? Do you know where Priya is? We have been trying to get hold of you chilren all morning, where are you guys? Please tell me Priya is with you?" she sounded very upset, and pissed.

    "Yeah mum don't worry, we are fine. Priya and I are having lunch down by the poolside. Where are you guys?" I said attempting to calm her down. My mother gave out a big sigh and responded 

    "Oh thak god. Where were you guys last night? I came to your room at night, you weren't there?" She asked. I froze. I couldn't tell her the truth, I started panicking thinking of an excuse.

    "Hold on mum, one sec" I covered the microphone of my phone and asked Priya "Priya, deep trouble, my mother is asking where we were last night. What should I  tell her?" she looked at me with big eyes. I could tell she was panicking too.

    "Um... Oh tell her we were at the casino" she said flicking her fingers. I nodded and replied to the other end of the phone

    "We were at the casino mum." I said with relief. 

    "Oh, alright. Had a fun night then did you?" Yes, my mind yelled recalling the kiss. 

    "Yes mum" That fact, was infact true. Wether I was drunk or not, I could sense it was good. Really good. 

    "Oh good, well you two kids have fun. Give me a call later, your father and I are going to be spending the day with the Gupta's. Alright see you then." before I could answer anymore, she hung up on me. What was up with her? She was acting a little different. Normally she would want me by her side all day, now she didn't really care where I was. Strange.

    "Well, our parents are going to be spending the day together" I said putting my phone back into my pocket.

    "Great, so where does that leave us?"