Chapter 32

To all-- I'm sorry these chapters have been slow in coming. I blame this on three things: (1) I have decided to publish Melody of Silence-- a decision which is sucking up a lot of time and mental energy. (2) I am a natural flake and bad at consistent updating. (3) I am having a veritable crisis at work. Like 'might lose my job in a manner that will make it impossible to find a new job in the future' level catastrophe which is pretty horrible and taxing. That said, I am doing a lot of meditating and trying to look at things holistically and as horrible as this is it's proven a good measure of all the hard work I've put into laying a foundation of mental stability upon which to build my clusterfuck of a life... 

Anyways: now time for some targeted comments! 

GigiLaurent My best friend is one of these people who folks meet and they're like "she is the kindest, purest, most innocent soul I have ever met. But then you get to know her and she's definitely kind and compassionate but she's also HELLA vindictive and vengeful. And the more you comment on my stories the more I am inclined to add you to that subsect of humanity that is so sweet and kind and lovely until you piss them off and then you'd better watch the fuck out lololol. 

Cheldu3 I'm glad you are appreciating her transformation! I was super proud of her for standing up for herself and being independent.  But also WTF? No grammar edits? I can't afford a line editor, mon ami. I need you. 

ImpressDivinity I'm so happy! More good, reflective vibes to follow, lol. 

SocialGrace 😭😭😭 Stop being so nice to me, OMG. You are impossibly kind and if ever there was a compliment to a writer it was that his/her writing was adequate distraction from bullshit real life. If you are the only person for whom I provide that distraction, I will continue to write until the day the universe takes me. So thank you.

Kinji_plays She decided to get pregnant when I was writing Josh's POV and went back and read the Something Borrowed epilogue and was like "oh shit oh fuck they need to have a baby YESTERDAY hahahahaha. Sometimes being a pantser instead of a plotter is great. Sometimes it's a big pain in the ass, lol. 

louis_stylesthebrave OMG a horse person!!! I am officially enlisting you to monitor all my books for horse-stuff-that-doesn't-make-sense. I've done a lot of research and I rode western when I was a kid and did a horseback trek in central asia, so I'm not utterly useless. But it's also been a long time since I've ridden. There's two more 'western' books coming which, by genre requirement, have a lot of horse details. So I hereby request that gently but firmly inform me when my horseback riding details don't make sense. I'll pay you zero dollars but a LOT of gratitude...

purplishsunflower Hahaha, I'm glad you were keeping track. I completely forgot Amelia needed to be having another baby. if it hadn't been for you guys asking about it she'd have never got pregnant again lol. And this is why Wattpad is such a great platform for works-in-progress... 

Mountain077 If there's anything I'm good at it's bringing the mood way, way, WAY down and then shocking everyone out of it with an inappropriately-placed joke hahaha.