Connor's forehead creases as he considers that.

Niall holds his breath, dread coiling deep in his stomach. He knows that this is going to be the hardest part: convincing his friends. He knows that his friends aren't going to believe him as easily as Mrs Kelly and everyone else did. He knows all of that and yet, he hasn't prepared himself for this conversation. Sure, he and Alexandra have figured out what to tell his friends but they didn't go into details last night.

Looks like he has to play it by ear.

Connor turns to him, eyes squinted. "Who is it?"

Niall presses his lips together, contemplating. He could tell his friends about Alexandra now. Or he could leave them wondering like everyone else.

He hasn't heard anything from Alexandra after he sent her a text message earlier this evening. He wanted to send her another to let her know that everyone in this town fell for his story. But he doesn't want to break some kind of unspoken rules by sending too many messages at once. So the entire evening he's been fighting the urge to pick up his phone and text her. They've both agreed to go through with this, anyway, so it won't be an issue if he tells his friends about her now. Besides, she doesn't seem like someone who'd go back on her word.

"Fine, it's—"

"Wait, shouldn't Brody be here for this?" Connor interjects.

"Brody's picking up Sofia's parents tonight," Fionn tells him. Turning to his wife, he says, "Maybe you could—"

"Calling Sofia now," Cara grins as she pulls out her phone and places it on top of the bar. Niall watches as she clicks on Sofia's name, the ringing sound filling the silence between them. Seconds later, Sofia's voice replaces the sound.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Sof, could you put your phone on speaker?"

"Sure," Sofia replies. "Babe, we're on speaker."

"Hey," Brody greets them. "What's up? Wait, everyone's at the pub?"

"Yeah," Fionn answers. His eyes find Niall's then and he adds, "Niall's gonna tell us about his secret girlfriend."

"Oooh," Brody sings. "Come on now, don't keep us waiting."

Niall opens his mouth to say something but Connor cuts him again, "Amy's not here." Niall chews on his lower lip as he waits for his friend to take out his phone and calls Amy. But then Connor just shakes his head and says, "Nevermind, she's busy. I'll just tell her about this later."

"So, who is she?" Cara asks, lips pulled into a grin, eyes bright with excitement.

"Yeah, who is she?" Fionn echoes, lacking the enthusiasm his wife possesses.

"It's..." Niall trails off as words die on his tongue.

He's lied to his friends before, so he doesn't know why it's difficult for him to tell another lie. But then again the lies that he's told before are just little white lies. Like how it doesn't really bother him that everyone in this town is dead set on setting him up on dates. Or how he's completely over Breena.

Niall's head moves in an imperceptible shake as he rids those thoughts from his head. Turning to Connor, he asks, "You remember Alexandra Oh, don't you?"

"Alexandra Oh?" Connor repeats. His brows draw together as he racks his brain. Soon enough, recognition and shock register across his face a handful of heartbeats. And then, "You're dating her?"

Niall swallows the lump in his throat and nods.

"Who's Alexandra Oh?" Brody asks.

"We went to the same school," Connor answers the question for Niall. "Smartest girl in the school. Dunno if she still lives here. Never seen her around anymore."