+ chapter three +

Start from the beginning

Alexa looked down at her clothes and grimaced. She didn't want to wear her dirty clothes again, but she didn't have any other type clothing. After a couple of minutes of hesitation, she decided to tighten the towel around her and hope for the best.

If Xander was outside and saw her, she'd kick him in the groin and run away. Although, the towel was pretty large, it covered most of her body, hanging right over her knees. She breathed out, picking her dirty clothes up and slowly opened the bathroom door.

"Hello..." she called out loud enough for someone to hear her, and was satisfied when no one replied. She took a deep breath, holding her towel for dear life and ran out of the room. After entering a couple of empty rooms, she finally found hers and breathed out in relief.

No one had seen her half-naked and she felt pretty accomplished.

She dropped her clothes in a corner and walked towards a couple of doors that resembled a closet. She held her towel with one hand and prepared herself to open the door with the other. Whatever was on the other side, could fall and kill her; she didn't know.

Alexa let out a giggle at her childishness and yanked the doors open, jumping away right after. Nothing fell out or killed her, so she opened her eyes and dropped her jaw open in astonishment.

The closet was filled with clothing – all types of clothing, ranging from dresses to jean jumpers and skirts. But what astounded her the most was the order they were in. It seemed like a rainbow, starting from the dark colours and ending in the lighter colours; pinks with reds, oranges with yellow and blues with green.

She laughed at the colour coordination of it all and knelt down to look at the shoes. There were heels, flats, boots, and sandals – and they were all her size. She felt her cheeks turning a dark shade of red and then stood up, to walk towards the drawers.

The first one she opened was filled with miscellaneous hair things, like clips, hair ties, hair bands, diadems, brushes, combs and so on. The next one was filled with underwear and bras and she gasped; they were her exact size.

She let out an uncomfortable squeal as she realised that Xander knew how big her breasts were. Nonetheless, she grabbed a pair of white underwear and forced herself to not think about the lace sets in the back of the drawer.

She continued looking through the drawers until she found a comfortable shirt she could sleep in and hung her towel over the closet door. A loud and unlady-like yawn escaped her lips and she shuffled towards the inviting-looking bed.

As soon as she crawled under the covers, she shuddered as the warmth enveloped her and felt herself drifting off into a blissful sleep.

~*~

Alexa opened her eyes slowly, the room hazily coming into view. It became clearer as she sat up and she bolted upright, the spotless white walls came into view. She looked around, taking in the large window that let in sunlight like no other and, glancing down, she noticed she was in a bed. She ran her hand over the dotted comforter, feeling the softness below her fingertips.

She threw the duvet away from her, swinging her legs over the edge of the bed and felt the cold wood against her bare feet. She stood up, shakily looking around. The previous night came rushing back like a shock of electricity and she froze on the spot.

The Aliens. Kelly. Xander. Seth.

Oh, god, Seth.

Her heart lurched at the thought of him. She missed him. She wanted him beside her, hugging her and telling her everything was okay. They fought, sure, every couple did but that didn't mean they loved each other any less. She certainly didn't love him any less.