Chapter 1: A Human and Two Demons

Let's begin this rather unique story of day to day life of a human, a demoness mother with her baby. What could life with an unbelievably powerful demon possibly be like for a human?

In a secluded part of Japan there is an old, but well kept house within the forest that has a lake nearby. The house from outward appearance seemed to be that of a peaceful little home, but the inhabitants within said house was the exact opposite of that.

 The house from outward appearance seemed to be that of a peaceful little home, but the inhabitants within said house was the exact opposite of that

A man with messy brown hair lay asleep in bed as he gently snored gently. Suddenly a loud and sharp crying jostled the man awake as his green eyes slowly fluttered open. "It that time of the morning already?" The man grumbled as he slowly sat up in bed as he let out a short yawn. This man is twenty seven year old Jin Yamazaki a self employed janitor that used to live alone until sometime ago.
Jin yawned again before rolling out of bed and lazily shuffling over to the bathroom to freshen up for the morning. As he did, he heard the scrambled footsteps of someone rushing towards the crying. Jin shook his head in amusement as he entered the bathroom and began to brush his teeth. "That girl may not fully understand mothering yet, but she really is dedicated to giving it her all." Jin thought to himself as he finished brushing his teeth before exiting the bathroom. Jin decided to make his way towards the living room while still in the the white t-shirt and black sweatpants as he let out another yawn.
              Jin shuffled his way over to the kitchen and placed the coffee pot in the machine before grabbing the coffee beans. Jin ground them up before putting a filter in the machine and then pouring the ground beans in. Jin then pulled out the ingredients for pancake batter as he began to mix it together and started heating up the skillet so it's ready. Jin heard the coffee machine go off as he took the pot and poured himself a mug before adding cream and sweeter to it. Jin took a sip of his coffee as he felt himself starting to wake up a little more as he refocused.
             Jin spooned the batter into the skillet as he began to make pancakes after about fifteen minutes or so of cooking it resulted in a stack of six pancakes. Jin set the remaining batter aside and turned down the heat on the skillet before entering to find a demon girl by the name of Lorem holding her young son Gospel, who had calmed down.

 Jin set the remaining batter aside and turned down the heat on the skillet before entering to find a demon girl by the name of Lorem holding her young son Gospel, who had calmed down

"Little guy finally settle down?" Lorem looked up from Gospel as she gave Jin and apologetic smile. "He woke you up again didn't he? Sorry about that he gets a little cranky in the morning." Lorem said as she looked slightly embarrassed. "Ah it's fine, besides little guy's crying is a lot less annoying that that robotic beeping of an alarm clock." Jin said as Lorem let out a small chuckle.
                Jin then set his mug down on the coffee table before sitting down next to the demoness. "Alright let me take the little guy for awhile, breakfast is in the kitchen for you." Jin said as Lorem gently placed Gospel in Jin's arms. "Are you sure? I mean you should probably eat first." Lorem said in a slightly guilty tone. "The batter isn't going anywhere, besides you just spent the past half hour calming this little guy down, take a quick break to eat will you?" Jin said as he waved the demoness towards the kitchen. Lorem gave him an appreciative smile before heading into the kitchen to eat.
              Jin looked down at the baby demon who looked up at him with his giant curious red eyes. "Look tiny you can look at me all you want, it's not gonna do anything." Jin said as he gently poked the little demon in the chest gently with his index finger. Gospel giggled as he grabbed Jin's finger with his pudgy little hand before squeezing it. "Yeah, yeah have your fun, but I'm going to need that finger back tiny." Jin said as he gently pulled his finger out of the baby demon's hand. Jin took another sip of his coffee before setting it back on the table. Jin then relaxed.
               Jin noticed Gospel was slowly shimmying up his chest. "What do you think your doing tiny?" Jin asked as Gospel reached his little hands up and tugged on his hair. "Hey, you can mess with my hands, but don't go pulling my hair out." Jin said as the infant only pulled on his hair even more. "Little guy is lucky he's cute or I'd lose it on him." Jin thought to himself as he noticed a deck of playing cards on the coffee table. "Hey tiny, wanna see a trick?" Jin asked as he grabbed the deck of playing cards and seemingly only picked up the card off the very top of the deck of cards before holding it up.
               Gospel looked at the card in both confusion and curiosity as He let go of Jin's hair. Jin let a small smile spread across his face before quickly flipping the card and unfolding it to reveal more cards from underneath the first card.

 Jin let a small smile spread across his face before quickly flipping the card and unfolding it to reveal more cards from underneath the first card

Gospel started to clap and giggle after witnessing the card trick that Jin performed as the human man gave him a gentle pat on the top of the head. "Thanks for watching him, your free to have breakfast now." Jin looked up to see Lorem standing there with a smile on her face. "It's no problem, I don't have work till tonight so I've got nothing else to do until then." Jin said as he handed Gospel back to Lorem before heading to the kitchen to make his own pancakes.
              Lorem watched Jin go as she let her mind wonder back to the time she first met Jin. "Most humans would run in terror at the sight of a Demon, yet he just offered me a place in his house as if it was the most normal thing in the world." Lorem thought as she had been staying with Jin for quite some time now and she still couldn't figure him out. Lorem was pulled from her thoughts by Gospel started giggling and clapping his hands together. Lorem smiled down at her son before gently kissing him on the forehead. "I suppose it's good that we found someone willing to help us though." Lorem thought as she continued to snuggle her son.

Later that Day
Jin was currently on the phone with his current employer, the owner of the city's museum. "Your certain you can clean the entire building yourself? This is a very large building you know." The owner said with worry present in his tone. Jin hated this, being self employed janitor he actually didn't hire anyone to help him. "You were recommended me by an associate right? Had me clean his office building? That build had three floors to your museum's two, I think I can handle it." Jin said in an annoyed tone. The owner stuttered in embarrassment.
Jin finished finalizing everything with the museum owner before finally hanging up his phone. Jin let out a frustrated sigh at going through the same old song and dance that he had to every time he got a job. "I mean I do think it's pretty crazy that you clean entire buildings by yourself." Lorem said as she shot Jin a playful smirk. "You know I like zoning out while I clean, besides I always get the job done." Jin said as he returned Lorem's smile before taking a seat in the living room before turning on the television. Jin lazily watched the program with mild interest.
"So it's a museum? Isn't that a little creepy?" Lorem said as she sat on the couch with Gospel in her arms. Jin snorted at her words before giving her a sideways glance. "I have two demons living with me and you think some old artifacts are going to scare me?" Jin said smugly as Lorem stuck her tongue out at him. "Yeah I guess when you live with as someone as powerful and terrifying as me there really isn't anything left to scare you." Lorem said in her own smug tone as this caused Jin to snort once again. "Yeah you certainly are terrifying." Jin said sarcastically as he shook his head in disbelief.
Lorem shot Jin a glare as she was most certainly not amused by Jin's sudden sarcasm. "You know I could easily destroy this house along with a large chunk of the forest right?" Lorem growls as her glare only continued to intensify towards Jin. This conversation was interrupted by Gospel's giggling as Lorem quickly looked down and started gushing over her infant son. "Yes your absolutely terrifying, you would immediately lay waste to an entire city without mercy. You truly are a horrific being." Jin said in monotone sarcasm.
Lorem looked back up at him with her cheeks puffed out and giving Jin her best glare, that looked more like a pout. "Shut up, how can I not melt for my son!" Lorem said as she let out a defeated sigh knowing Jin wouldn't let her have even the smallest of victories in this situation. "Aw don't be so sad, I think it's endearing that a demon can have a bit of a cute side." Jin said nonchalantly as Lorem's cheeks were dusted a light pink in embarrassment. "Actually now that I think about it where do you want me to order dinner from? I should probably place the order in before I have to head out." Jin said as he looked over at Lorem with curiosity in his eye.
"You don't have order us food, I can cook for myself." Lorem said as Jin immediately shot up to his feet. "Oh no, not after what happened last time I let you cook!" Jin said as he immediately pointed a finger at Lorem. "Oh come on, it wasn't that bad!" Lorem defended herself as pouted at Jin's reaction to her cooking. "You keep telling yourself that if it makes it easier for you to sleep at night." Jin says as he goes to place a fast food order while Lorem blushes in embarrassment and grumbles unhappily under her own breath. It was just another normal day in the household of a single human and two demons, despite that it seems like they make it work well.

So that's Jin and Lorem! I thought I would create the first chapter to see how everyone enjoys it proper! As with all my stories please leave your thoughts and opinions in the comments! I hope your excited to see what happens next with Jin and Lorem as more chapters come out. What will happen next in the day to day life of Jin and Lorem? What will happen at Jin's night job? Who else will Jin and Lorem encounter? Find out in the next chapter of Demon Mother & Human Soldier!