Chapter 9: Mother's mom

Jennie's Pov

It's the weekend today. I thought I will be spending the whole day of it in bed but was proven wrong when Y/n came barging in my room early in the morning.

"What mom?" I groaned and covered my face with my soft pillow. I may love this woman but I'm not a morning person.

"Come on, Jen. We're going somewhere." She said excitedly. Ooh is it a date. Thinking of it makes me straighten up.

"Take a bath. We're leaving at 8." She ordered and I followed. She was about to leave but I stopped her with a question.

"Is mom Lisa coming with us?" I asked hopefully. Hopeful that she wouldn't come and ruin our moment hehe.

She looked sad and sorry to me when she said, "I'm sorry, honey. She's busy. Just gonna be the two of us." Oh don't be sorry baby. I prefer it that way.

With a nod, I finally entered the room and do my thing.

After taking a bath, I put on a knitted white crop top blouse and paired it with a simple high waist jeans.

I wore some light make up and descended the stairs to meet my mom in the kitchen.

I found her there sitting prettily and sipping on her coffee while scrolling through her phone. She was wearing a simple black shirt with linings of yellow and white on its sleeves and neck part tucked in a high waist jeans also. She looks stunning even with her simple outfits.

I muttered a small 'hi' that caught her attention.

"Jennie, come here. Eat before we head out." She ushered me to sit next to her and so I did.

I ate small breakfast which consist of cereals because I know she can't cook for life. She was just sitting there staring at me. It was almost creepy but she looks so cute as she stare at me fondly.

"Done, baby?" I nodded shyly and so we head outside and entered one of her luxurious car.

"Where are we going mom?" I asked her. Will our date be a picnic? Will we go to the beach and have a romantic lunch in a restaurant overseeing the seashore? I'm so excited.

"I want you to meet someone." She replied not exactly answering my question but as excitedly as mine.

"Oh." Was the only thing I was able to say. Noticing my sudden drop of mood. She grew worried.

"What? Do you not want to? Are you not feeling well?"

"No, I just thought we're going somewhere fun."

"I promise you this will be fun." I just nodded at her and continued our drive.

Throughout the journey, we jammed to random songs with me jumping on my seat, so into my singing. She just joined me on it and would sometimes laugh at my silliness.

When one of the songs ended, she asked me. "Do you somewhat wanted to be an idol someday?" She asked me seriously but admiringly. I looked at her like she grew two heads. The thought was just funny.

"What? You're good at dancing and singing, you're absolutely stunning. That has at least crossed your mind." She asked me once again and tried to thought deeply of it. But I can't when my mind is focusing to the way she said I'm absolutely stunning. I would have consider being an idol but I want to focus on being her wife instead.

I left the question unanswered and she seems to noticed my uncertainty so she left it too. We just talk about random things thoughout the whole ride.