4: Destiny or a Coincidence? #2

A/N: I have introduced the basics of BrightWin ship in this chapter. Although, GulfMew will continue to dominate the storyline, please expect a certain amount of BrightWin in the later chapters. Also, the chapter length going forward will be long. Hope it won't be an issue! :)

>*<*>*<

Generally speaking Gulf Kanawut, successful entrepreneur ranking consistently among the top ten richest businesses of Thailand and an alpha playboy extraordinaire is a nocturnal creature. Not unlike Vampires, he loathes and habitually avoids waking up to experience the early morning sun or dealing with people before a decent time passes by like the plague. And yet, it is the same alpha currently up before eight in the morning pacing holes in the marble flooring of his office room.

He is dressed to the nines and ready to leave his mansion at a moment's notice. In fact, the only reason he didn't and is still waiting around for a call to green lit his actions is because his oldest friend, Singto can be pretty persuasive when reinforcing common sense in their friends. The earnest alpha promised Gulf that he'd find details of Team, his mate (yes, his mate and not a potential as even now Gulf's heart is racing just thinking of the Omega!) and he trusts Singto will follow through. No doubt about it. The twenty-seven year old Communications Industry alpha heir is a very honorable person who always keeps his promises.

It's just Gulf is having a hard time believing his luck and that all this isn't just a product of his daydreaming, due to loneliness and desperation.

He wants to jump in his car and race to the mentioned temp agency, make few calls, throw money around and basically do whatever it takes to learn the contact information of his Omega. More than anything, even over introducing himself and sweeping his mate off his feet (romantically and permanently this time), Gulf's first priority is to make sure Team is alright. Badly needs to know whether the upset brunet had reached home safely and if he was injured by that scoundrel. Of course, the scum gasped against hurting Team in between begging for mercy and groans of pain. Still, Gulf wanted to confirm with his own eyes that Team is fine.

The perturbed alpha stifles a scream, dragging long fingers through his thick black hair and grips the bangs painfully. He slumps in the plush armchair and bangs his head on the Italian table for good measure.

'Why didn't he pay attention to the omega's departure sooner? When did Team even leave? Did the brunet get scared of him and his temper? Is that why he ran away? God! Why couldn't he notice that the omega left earlier? Even a few seconds prior would have helped...'

He doesn't regret breaking the asshole's hand and his ribs, oh no, but Gulf should have left completely destroying that bastard's business with a couple of phone calls until the next day. The few minutes he wasted on ruining the bastard's life ended up costing him dearly. For all the alpha knows, they might have missed each other by nanoseconds as he spent running around through the party akin to a panicked mother searching for her child in a crowded fair.

'What if...what if Team doesn't like him though? Worse, what if the omega already has a boyfriend he's serious about? What then? Can he handle Team's rejection if the brunet wants nothing to do with him..? It's not as if people are obligated, legally or otherwise to marry their mates (potential or destined ones). No, he cannot afford to think like this before he approached the omega and tries his best to win Team's heart. If he's even allowed to do that...'

Nevertheless, it wouldn't be too surprising if Team is dating someone. The omega is too gorgeous, nice and well-mannered from what little Gulf observed and is certainly a great catch to still remain single for long.

<*>

The shrill ringing of his phone echoes in the room, bringing a halt to the gloom and pity party serenading in Gulf's mind.