3: Destiny or a Coincidence? - #1

A/N: 

Warning - brief description of dub-con. Also, this chapter is kinda long. Please vote and comment if you like this update! Thank you!

>*<*>*<

It is close to 1 am by the time Mew steps out of the cab and reaches his apartment. The jittery brunet still couldn't believe the kind of wild turns his night took – from becoming almost penniless to landing a well-paying job courtesy of a random Samaritan by a sudden twist in fate and nearly getting molested by a rich, alpha scum – Mew faced it all.

Dropping the scruffy backpack on the grey sofa, the worn out brunet pulls the envelope of cash from his pocket. His entire body feels sore and he could use a shower badly to wash away the ugly sensations eating at him, although a reminder of that encounter will certainly haunt him until the purple bruises fade away and maybe, even longer than that.

He sighs deeply, eyeing the heavy packet and deliberates whether to forgo the shower or not. Leafing through the thick wad of cash, the bemused omega still finds the entire day bit surreal to be honest. Exhaustion wins in the end. Mew crashes on his bed instead, after changing into a pair of sweats and storing the paycheck in a safe place.

It's a good thing he cleaned up before donning his clothes back at the hotel's staff locker room. At least he can relax a bit now, knowing his rigid conscience wouldn't nag about unhygienic practices on top of the latest nightmares bound to follow him home.

When the day began, Mew had no idea he will be holding thousands of baht in his hands by the end of it! Guess all positive things do come with a catch, huh. If not for the nasty incident in the dark corridor, Mew actually enjoyed his stint of working at a high-end hotel serving the richest business class clients of Bangkok. Sure, some of them are snobs and swift to curse the staff irrespective of who's actually responsible for the errors. Yet for most of these people, the working hotel staff like Mew are nothing but uniformed robots supposed to carry out their whims.

He was happy to exist that way till his six hour shift ended.

The omega was even fascinated to observe a large group of young twenty something patrons having a great time and garnering all the attention. Must be fun to be rich, leading glamorous lives and not struggle to make ends meet daily, Mew thought while casually checking out the fabulously dressed model-like faction. Although, the omega didn't serve them, it was enough to take in how lush grass on the other side is when one's born in the right circumstances. Mew didn't begrudge the extravagant lifestyle or fortune of those young adults, merely intrigued by the show of their close bonds unlike other guests at different tables. His only regret is forgetting P'Din's words of caution to avoid darkened areas and intoxicated guests.

Mew shudders, replaying the traumatic incident still fresh in his mind before sleep could claim him.

<*>

The party is coming to an end and Mew being only a temporary replacement is told beforehand that he is free to leave two hours before the event officially wraps up. Happy that none of his worst fears manifested and the secret remained undiscovered, he let down his guard. Half-hour before Mew is set to finish his shift, he is tasked with collecting cutlery discarded in random places.

The hour though not too late by the perpetually celebrating crowd's standards, still has the well-off guests in a dancing mood over stuffing snacks and drinks atmosphere. Those who stuck to gulping expensive alcohol thankfully remained indoors vastly reducing the staff's workload. He really should have stuck with another colleague in close vicinity like he's seen others do. Instead, he trots off by himself worried his fading scent-blocker would dredge up more trouble near others.