16. Lunch at the Bridgerton Estate

Start from the beginning

  "Now this is my husband Simon," She introduces moving her attention from the baby in her arms.

  "Pleasure to meet you Miss Kingston," He grins quickly introducing himself making me even more jealous of Daphne.

  "Now I have other siblings, Colin and Francesca, but they are both away traveling and studying," Eloise explains in a rush before whispering the next part, "And then of course there is Anthony. I will let him introduce himself if he wishes though I know you two have already met,"

  With her word of warning I direct my attention to the eldest Bridgerton sibling, taking in his captivating appearance as I prepare to introduce myself for the tenth time.

  "Miss Kinston," Anthony starts with a slight smirk and a bow, "it's an honor,"

  "An honor indeed Lord Bridgerton," I smile returning the favor butterflies fluttering about my stomach, as a short gasp escapes my lips and his hand graces across me cheek, taking me by utter surprise.

  Experiencing his touch made the whole world seem to stop spinning and caused time to slow. The word feeling empty, just the company from one another making its mark. But as the touch comes to an end by Eloise's annoyed grunt the word mirrors and returns to its normal state.

  "Well now that everyone has introduced themselves shall we move to the dining room for some lunch?" Eloise starts clearly showing how propriety is not her strong suit.

  "Patience Eloise," Benedict replies shielding her from any further scolding from the rest of her family, "We have only just been introduced to your friend, give the poor girl time to settle in,"

  "Fine," Eloise shrugs annoyed.

  "Now how long have you been in the Ton? I don't remember seeing you very often before," Daphne asks as she hands Amelia off to her lady's maid.

  "I have been living here off and on my whole life," I start hesitant to share the information about my education considering how improper it may seem, "Mostly winters were spent here for a good portion of my life. I used my time here to study, but I am originally from up North,"

  "How wonderful," Daphne replies, "and how did you and Anthony meet?" She asks taking in note our most previous interaction and all of the other gossip that has spread about us.

  "Anthony?" Eloise and I question in unison.

  "Daphne I don't know if you understand but Veronica is my friend not Anthony's and I will not let you romanticize her. Yes she is the diamond of the season this year, and I am aware Anthony is on the market now, but she is nothing like the woman you would expect her to be. She is brilliant, smarter than the both of us combined although I hate to admit it. Not to mention that she also has a personality, something you have lacked your whole life as you were constantly preparing for marriage! Veronica is nothing like you. She has many goals in life, not all of them revolving around a wedding ring," Eloise exclaims causing a large amount of tension to grow, and my cheeks to burn a dark red.

"Eloise Bridgerton!" Lady Bridgerton snaps, "Is this how I have raised you to behave? You must apologize to your sister at once, and to Veronica as well! Expect a discussion over this matter tonight,"

After Eloise's face turns a pale green she finally is able to form a sentence, "I- I am so sorry Daphne, Veronica as well. I don't quite know what got into me," She whispers clearly embarrassed and in pain.

"It's alright," I politely forgive trying to redirect this awkward conversation kind of thrilled in some twisted way by my dear friend's words.

"As much as it hurt I must forgive you as well," Daphne chokes clearly hurt from her sisters actions, "I was nearly asking our guest a question,"