Chapter 4: Goodbye

When he heard the second jade was awake, Fengmian darted to the guest quarters. He was not going to wait for the young men to come to him.

"Master Jiang.", Xichen drew close on sight. " We were about heading to your place.", he said after standing straight.

"It's good that I came sooner then. How is your brother's health."

" He woke up this dawn. So far he seems perfectly fine... Please, come in.", Xichen stepped aside to give way.

Lan Wangji stood immediately after the Sect Leader walked into his room.

"There's no need child, sit...I'm glad to see you up and running.", Fengmian dismissed his greeting. Wangji moved from the spot to let the man sit as the head, then found a place next to Xichen.

Fengmian, "You were already planning to see me this morning?"

"Yes, Sect Leader Jiang...My brother has been having some issues...stalking issues.", Xichen glanced at Wangji.

"Stalking?...", a serious look flashing on Fengmian's face.

"Someone has been spying on me for days. I've not seen his face, but he has no secondary distinction.", Wangji started.

Fengmian, "A beta?... I will look into it right away. It could be a servant that adores Hanguanjun's fame and seeks closure."

"I doubt it Sect Leader Lan. From the look of things he is highly skilled in the arts.", Xichen was not convinced.

"There is another matter I believe needs attention...", Wangji narrates, "When I fell into the water, I saw something unusual. The ghouls were afraid of it."

Fengmian, "What do you mean?"

Wangji, "The creature was not like the rest. I could not recognize it but it appeared like a person with bright red eyes...It had a very disturbing cry, shrill like a whistle...but more like a flute. The last thing I remember is being grabbed."

"That is strange... if what you're saying is true then it must have taken you to land. The distance was too far for you to make without your sword....", Lan Xichen looked at his brother, a little surprised. It was the first time hearing of this.

Fengmian's features tensed up slightly. He averts his gaze in thoughts, but before he can confirm his suspicion, he had to clear the air.
"Hanguanjun, water ghouls are independent creatures. And there's never been a sighting of a ghoul that could control the rest...The mind has a way of playing tricks at such times. Rest assured that I will take care of it as well... I trust there is no other issue."

"...", Wangji nodded.

Fengmian, "Okay...Since Hanguanjun is himself again, can he join the family for dinner?"

"Mn.", Lan Wangji answered.

"Then I will leave you two alone. Do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything...", Fengmian rose from his seat.

"Thank you Sect Leader Jiang.", Xichen lifted his weight to accompany the Senior to a considerable distance.

************************************************************************
Mo Xuanyu P.O.V

I did not complain much when Wei Ying wanted to go to the library. As the servant, I could have selected books from the genre my Master needed, but he said it was not necessary.

I'm still lost as to why he's here, reading so seriously. Wei Ying hates staying in the library, he calls it the most boring place in the Sect. But here he is, keeping me five feet away to comb through a pile of books.