☞Love overcomes it all

A/N: Direct scene from season 2, episode 1 events

"You're lying to me." You sob. Tears are spilling down your cheeks in angry waves.

Kelly Severide, your boyfriend, just told you things are over between you two because he is going to be a father to a baby that's not yours.

It felt like your heart was crushed in your chest at the thought of him leaving you just because he's going to be a father. If he loved you like he always said then he wouldn't leave you.

"Y/N she's pregnant with my kid," Kelly kept his eyes steady, resting on your face.

You stayed rooted in your spot, you moved your hair softly away from your cheek that had become so much more prominent with color after the angry streak of tears. Your features buckled just slightly before you spoke. "We can work this out Kelly."

He's breaking this cycle of love you two have not because he's going to have a kid but because he wants to be with the mother of his child. In a messed up way he thinks she deserves his love more than you just because she's carrying his unborn child.

The situation with Shay and him was different than the current one with Renee and he knew it too.

"No we can't! Can't you see Y/N?! We're done okay? I'm done!" He yells, his temper showing through his dark facial expression.

"So we're just going to pretend like nothing ever happened between us huh??! You and I both go to sleep together every damn night and tell each other I love you! Does that mean nothing to you?" It took you months to tell him these three simple words and even now you never tell them without truly meaning them. "Do I mean nothing to you Kelly?"

He runs his hands through his hair harshly before connecting one of them to the vase on the counter. The expensive vase flies into the wall and breaks in dozen pieces.

You gape at the man standing in front of you. "I don't even rezognize you."

He looks like a bomb that's seconds away from exploding. You don't want to believe that you're over. He can't just throw us away.

"You're supposed to be happy for me goddammit!" He rages. You want to press your hands to your ears to stop his words from entering any further. Each word is like a knife through the heart. It hurts.

"If I was your sister then yes! But I'm...was your girlfriend for fucks sake!" You don't know if the tears are falling because you're angry or because you're sad and heartbroken. "I wanted to be the one who starts a family with you."

He stands speechless in front of you. Still raging but speechless. A trace of deep love sours in his eyes, but you look away. "Leave."

When he doesn't move you cry harder, "Just leave okay?! Leave! Get out of my life forever!"

Your whole mind and body wants him to stay and fight for what you have despite your words. But he doesn't.

He rushes past you and goes to the bedroom door.

You don't turn around to look at him, but you feel him standing there for a few moments, burning holes in your back before leaving. The door closes and your guard breaks down. You crash to the floor and sob uncontrollably.

Kelly is gone.

***

You hold the pink transfer paper in your hands and knock on your chief's office door.

"Come in," You hear him say, and you push the door open. Chief Boden sits in his usual spots, both eyes trained on you. "What can I do for you Y/LN?"