chapter two: the maze

"You heard me correctly didn't you?" Ava said kindly, "yes, yes I did indeed." y/n said quickly, "But what about the kids you've brought in, who are they?" Ava quickly brought up some files on her computer, "Well firstly, Subject A1, The Betrayer-" 'Betrayer? Y/n thought oddly' "Teresa Agnes. She is strong minded and powerful, I think that she will be a great patient. We have already received outstanding results from her and some of her fellow subjects.", "Wow, that's great Ms. Paige.." y/n told her, ".. who else?" Ava brought up a new file on her very advanced looking computer.

"Secondly, Subject A2, To be killed by Group B, Thomas. 'To be killed? My brother, getting killed?' Like Teresa, he is strong minded and fierce. Obviously you already know him as you are his sister but I hope you know he has so much potential. I think they could be the key to everything." y/n thought and said, "It sounds like you are renaming these kids after famous people in history? Is that correct?", "Yes, Y/n we have. Teresa, after Mother Teresa and Thomas after Thomas Edison. I will continue on with our subjects shall I? Next we have Subject A3, Siggy, After Sigmund Freud. His friends like to refer to him as 'Frypan' so I'll leave that there. He also has a lot of potential." Y/n thought hard about this but let Paige continue.

"Next, is Subject A4, Chuck, named after Charles Darwin. He is a few years younger than the rest of the other subjects but that shouldn't make too much of a difference. Then, Subject A7, Minho, The Leader. He is, as judged by his name, a very valiant leader and he is very strong and reliable." Ava then continued to tell Y/n about some people from Maze B, 'Harriet, Sonya, Petra..' and so on. Then it came to the last person in this maze, "Lastly, Subject B1, Aris, The Partner. He will eventually help people in Maze A, but we will come to that in a later time."

Y/n then asked, "I am confused, you missed out some numbers in Maze A. What about A5, A6 or A9?", Ava then said, "Ah yes, well these are the people that I am going to leave you in charge of. I will start with A9, Gally, named after Gallileo. He is slightly more.... angry, than the rest of the group but don't let him bother you. Then, A6, Alby, after Albert Einstein. He is also like Minho, a strong leader and he always sticks up for his friends. I have decided that I will send him into the maze first once it is built." Ava then looked up from her computer and smiled, "And finally, Subject A5, The Glue, Newt."