CHAPTER TWENTY✔️

Start from the beginning

"This is Bella, Bella this is Andie," Damon said and motioned to the girls.

"Pleasure," Bella said and gave a small smile before sipping on her mimosa.

Damon grabbed Bella's arm and walked towards Carol Lockwood.

"Damon," Carol greeted.

"Carol," Damon said and smiled at the mayor.

"What a surprise, and who might you be?" Carol asked Arabella.

"I'm Bella, I just moved here from England," Arabella stated. "I lived here when I was younger, though."

"Oh! How long ago?" Carol questioned.

"It feels like a thousand years ago," Arabella stated with a smile.

Damon coughed and he was trying to cover up his smirk, and Bella elbowed him in the ribs.

"She is one of my best friends, and she just arrived a few weeks ago," Damon said. Arabella spotted her brother approaching the three.

"Elijah, I want you to meet Damon Salvatore and his friend Bella..." Carol said and looked at Bella for a last name.

"Rider. Bella Rider," Arabella stated quickly.

"Yes, Bella Rider," Carol said and smiled.

Arabella bit her lip to keep her giggles at bay.

"Such a pleasure to meet you," Damon said to Elijah.

"No the pleasure is mine," Elijah said, shaking Damon's hand.

"And you, Ar—Bella, nice to meet you as well." Elijah said and Bella smiled towards him. The two siblings gave each other knowing looks before they politely chatted with the mayor.

~

Arabella was directed into a more private area with Damon and Elijah.

"Bella Rider from England who lived here, 'what feels a thousand years ago'. Could you be anymore obvious?" Damon sassed.

"Hold your tongue, how was I supposed to know I was going to give out my entire life story?" Arabella hissed towards Damon.

"What can I do for you, Damon?" Elijah questioned, stopping the banter between Damon and the strawberry-blonde.

"I was hoping to have a word," Damon replied.

"With Bella present?" Elijah inquired.

"She's backup." Damon said.

"Actually Damon, if it came down to anything I would be on Elijah's side," Arabella stated. Damon looked at her in shock and was about to reply until Elijah cut him off, stopping another argument.

"Where's Elena?" Elijah asked.

"Safe with Stefan, they're laying low. You know, bit of a werewolf problem," Damon remarked, turning his head from Arabella.

The strawberry-blonde leaned on a wall and decided to stay out of the conversation between the two vampires.

"I heard about your werewolf problem," Elijah said.

"I'm sure you did since it was your witch that saved the day," Damon announced.

"You are welcome." Elijah smirked, examining a magazine.

"Which adds to my confusion on exactly why you're here, why the both of you are here," Damon said.

"Why care, Damon?" Arabella questioned.

"Who said I didn't care?" Damon asked.

"Your actions certainly displayed your lack of desire for me," Arabella snapped. Damon scoffed.

"Why don't you just stay focused on keeping Elena safe and leave the rest to me," Elijah said. He went to turn and walk out the door, but Damon stopped him.

"Not good enough," Damon sneered.

Elijah grabbed Damon's throat and pinned him up against a wall. Damon tried grabbing Elijah's throat, but Elijah easily peeled Damon's hand off.

"You young vampires...so arrogant. How dare you come in here and challenge me, with my sister in the room as well?" Elijah questioned.

"You can't kill me, man, it's not part of the deal," Damon gasped out.

Arabella threw a pencil into Damon's throat, which caused Damon to yell out in pain.

"No one said I couldn't," Arabella challenged.

"You wouldn't," Damon said with a pained voice from the tight grip on his throat.

"Things are different now, Damon." Bella said. "I'm an Original, show a little respect."

Elijah dropped Damon onto the ground and handing Arabella a cloth to wipe her hands.

"The moment you cease to be of use to me, you're dead, so you should do as I say," Elijah remarked.

"Bella, are you going to help me or just stand there?" Damon asked.

"I am very comfortable over here, thank you Damon." Arabella smiled at the raven-haired vampire. Damon huffed in response.

The strawberry-blonde walked out of the secluded room with Elijah following her out.

"What is going on between you and the Salvatore?" Elijah asked her.

"Nothing, Elijah. All of it is history, now if you'll excuse me I need a drink." Bella said and ventured off to get a drink of whatever.

~~~

edited as of: 1/15/16