Higher Than The Sky

"Mind to join me in this dance,princess?"

You wish that it was you in the real life. But sadly it was just a TV show. You sighed and lay down on your sofa,checking your phone.

Oh shot, it's 9 am !

You rushed through your closet and finally found your work outfit. It's very simple but looks elegant enough to attract people attention.

 It's very simple but looks elegant enough to attract people attention

Source : Pinterest

You went and called a taxi to go to Hawks Company or that's what they call it. It was great working for number 2 hero,but it's turns out it's not as good as they think about. Everyday is just a paper work,searching for villains background,collecting information from the victim,and the other.

It's not that bad,but you know what's bad? The boss. He's so young yet he get all the company by himself. Yes,i'm talking about that chicken strips,Hawks. He's a pain in the ass. Why you said? Let me tell you why..

I entered the office and saw Hawks putting his feet on the table.
"So..late again huh?"

"Yeah,sorry boss"

He flap his wings and fly to me. He's looking at me with a serious face,but then turn into a big smile.

"I can forgive you,but..."

There he goes again, there's always a but for everything he said.

"...But,you have to accompany me to my meeting today."

"Huh? What?"

"You heard me clearly."

I sighed, "And what if I don't want it?"

Hawks smile, "Then you'll be fired."

•  •  •

Tell me once again why i'm agreeing to this birdman. His meeting is soooo boringgg. I don't understand about hero stuff,they explaining about something important so i tried my best not to made any noises.

Meanwhile,Hawks just sitting at there looking bored as hell too. Sometimes he glance at me and flash me a smile and then a wink. What a pain in the ass...

Finally,for about 2 hours of meeting,we finally done it. My stomach growls so badly

"Where do you want to eat?" ask Hawks as if he read my mind (or my stomach,i guess)

"Well it's up to you,Sir. You decide." I answered politely.

"Alright,i'll take you to one of the best food i've known"

Yeah and by that,he mean KFC. I thought it was a fancy restaurant,but turns out expectations is not as beautiful as reality. Well not complaining much,my stomach just wants to eat something. He bought 2 buckets full of chicken and surprisingly i've already ate 2 buckets full.

He chuckles, "Careful hun,you don't want to swallow the bone too"

"Said a bird" i giggle a bit and he shake his head.

Hawks look at the streets near us and he saw a TV with a man and a woman dancing around in the gala. The same TV show that I watched earlier this morning. It was a beautiful moment,and if only someone would take me dancing. But i'm bad at dancing actually.

Hawks turned his head and look at me deeply in my eyes.
"Hey,can I have a favor?"

"Spill"

"Can I have a dance with you?"

Wow...i mean WOW. What is it? Deja Vu? At first i was confused,like,number 2 hero,Hawks,asking me to dance...with him?

"Uhhhh...the thing is...i'm not good at dancing and..wait-what are you doing,Ha-AAAAAWWWKKKSSS" he grabbed me by my waist and fly through the sky.

After a while of flying that made my stomach turns around like riding a rollercoaster,he stopped in mid-air.

"Hey,open your eyes" he said to me gently.
It's a tone that sweet and as if he asking me to trust him,so that's what I do.
I open my eyes and hell,it is so high. Even the cloud is above my feet but I can see the whole city in my own eyes. It was so beautiful and I didn't realize i clutched his neck so tight.

"Oh sorry,is your neck okay?" I worried, maybe I broke his neck or something

"Only if you kiss it" he said teasingly and in instant,my worried has disappeared.

"Hey i'm kidding,i'm kidding" he laugh looking at my expression

"You really are a pain in the ass" i rolled my eyes and he just laugh.
After a while in the sky,he ask me again
"Can I have a dance with you?"

I nodded, "Only if you guide me"

He agrees and slowly grab my waist. His feather gather around my feet to steady my feet. He flap his wings so he can guide me to turn around. I just realize his touch is so gentle on my waist. Sweetly guided me to dance,carefully step on every feather he made in the air.

And in that moment,I realize that every teasing he made,is just to get my attention.

"You realize it, don't you?"  He looking at me seriously

"Please stop reading my mind,Sir" i chuckle a bit

"Keigo...please,call me Keigo"

I stunned at what he said. He never mentioned his real name,even in public and he just said it to me.

"I know not of all people know it,only some of them that i considered special,in this case." He show me his big smile once again

"So does that mean i'm special?"

"You always do"

And with that words,i can't held back my smile. As if the world is just made for the two of us, As if the problems in my shoulder have gone completely. After a while,he take me home and it's already late at night.

"So...this is a...one hell of a memory isn't it?" He laugh nervously

"Yeah it is,but definitely it is way more fun to tease me " i mocked at him

"You read my mind"

His face is so handsome even if it's in the dim light and the next second, my body moved on its own and pull him to my lips. He is very shocked at my action but then he deepen the kiss. It was a passionate and a sweet kiss.

"Now you're the one who really read my mind,love"

(◍•ᴗ•◍)

I don't know why I imagine when he said "..love" is the same tone as Enzo from TVD (if you know it) said it 😭