Awtomatikong nanlaki ang mga mata ko nang maupo s’ya sa ‘king tabu at sinuklay ang aking mga buhok, “Anong masakit sa’yo?” Lalong humigpit ang hawak ko sa unan nang hindi boses ni Peter ang narinig ko.

“Why... How...”

“First of all...” He forcefully removed the pillow above my face. His warm smile and welcoming eyes look at me intently, “First of all, this is my room.”

Tears began to gather at the corner of my eyes as I slowly reach for his face. He leaned carefully, making an inch gap between us. And when he wiped the tears, which began to stream down, he slowly leaned for a quick peck on my forehead.

“Second, mahal na mahal ako ng kapatid ko na kulang na lang gumawa siya ng rebulto para sa akin.” Mahina akong natawa sa sinabi n’ya. Nang dahan-dahan siyang humiga at tumabi sa akin ay agad niya akong niyakap.

“Pangatlo, kahit maging bozos ka pa, kahit nakatalikod ka pa o ano. Makikilala kita,”

“I’m sorry... I’m sorry, Parker.”

He looked at me with tenderness as he slowly touches my face, “No one is blaming you on what happened to Chi. She brave enough to accept her fate. She already knew what is going to happen and if you are still doubtful about it, then read her letter.”

“Letter?”

“Chi knew you a lot. Alam n’yang sisisihn mo ang sarili mo oras na may magawa kang hindi maganda sa kanya oras na magbago s’ya,” pagpapaliwanag n’ya, saglit ko siyang pinagmasdan at inaral ang buong mukha n’ya.

Tatlong araw lang kaming nagkasama ni Peter ngunit tila sobrang laki ng pinagbago ni Parker. Masyado rin lutang ang eyebags n’ya kaya’t pansin na kulang siya sa tulog.

“Peter said that your leg is swollen,”

Nagtatakha ko s’yang tiningnan nang bumangon s’ya upang tingnan ang pagang binti ko. Saglit pa akong napangiwi nang mahawakan n’ya ito ng mahigpit. Hindi ko alam kung paano nasabi ni Peter ‘yon, gayo’n na rinig ko naman ang mga pinag-uusapan nila kanina.

“If you’re wondering how I know. The stupid Peter has typewriting on his chest with an anatomy of a human, the leg part was encircled and was caption with ‘Ang arte ni Amira, send help,’”

I facepalmed, that stupid homo is really something else. I no longer have to ask if the others knew about me, and now, I realized that they are making fun of me earlier.

“So, where is the letter?” I asked.

“Kuhanin mo kay Cara.” Agad akong napangiwi dahil sa naging sagot n’ya. Bakit nasa taong pinakagusto kong iwasan ngayon ang sulat ni Chi?

“Maiba ako... Anong meron sa lugar na ‘to?” Tanong ko. Dahan-dahan na naging seryoso ang mukha ni Parker saka niya ako tiningnan sa mga mata.

“Peter must have already told you about your father. I was also baffled at first because I don’t know if I could really trust my parents right now.” He heaved a sigh and looked at the ceiling, “But after hearing and encountering the Apostles... I can’t help but curse your father,”

“Parker...”

“He was searching for you, Amira. Because you have something in common with your mother.” I bitterly smiled upon hearing his words, because to be honest, I still have a little faith in my father. I am still hoping that all the accusations aren’t true.

“It was my blood, huh?”

“But don’t worry. I am helping Dr. Ramirez and my parents on searching for the right formula of the Lycoris Albiflora.”

The same flower which killed Chi will be the same flower that will be use to find the cure. But the thing is, something is really wrong with their formula. I am not an expert in their field, but I can tell.

“So, paano kayo nakapunta rito?” Tanong ko kay Parker, umupo ako upang tumabi sa kanya habang kapansin-pansin ang pagngiwi niya.

“Obviously, because of Kelly.” He avoided my eyes while still hiding his awkward smile, “She was chasing Spencer because she somehow smelled the chocolates in his bag. Kelly chased Cara and Spencer until they got to the RV, and at the same time, Chi rampages but at that, she was already done writing letters for you and Cara.”

“Hmm?”

“So, when Kelly and Tyler saw each other... They caused a scene. They began to throw insult to each other as if they didn’t get to date each other,”

I gasped and leisurely laughed, “They are exes?”

“Yeah. Pagkatapos ng meeting na ‘yon ay sinugod din agad kami ng Apostles. At first, hindi kami pumayag na umalis dahil wala ka pa but Kelly assured me that my brother is with you. So, all we did was to trust him.”

As I slammed my body to his bed, I watched the white ceiling until I felt sleepy and closed my eyes.

“Amira...”

I felt him getting close in my direction, “Hmm?”

“I’m glad you’re okay.” I felt the gap between is getting closer and closer until soft, minty lips touch my lips.

How can a simple kiss pour down so much emotions?

#