0.5

I unlocked the basement door and opened it wide. Leah and I both looked down the stairs and into the darkness. She was uncertain, it was written all over her face. 

“What’s down there?” she asked nervously. 

“My stash. Mum and dad turn my room upside-down every week,” I told her. 

I casually and calmly started walking down the steps. I could hear that Leah was following me down. I was slightly impressed by her guts. Or not. 

“If you’re screwing with me…” she said, she’d stopped following me. 

When I reached the bottom up looked up at her, “it’s just a basement,” I reminded her. She followed again, “I found the best hiding place. This is great shit, too. A lot of the coke coming into the US from Central America is smuggled in on lobster boats in Gloucester. I used to flash my boobs to one of the lobsterman in return for a key or two before they cut it,” I explained. 

When we rounded the corner we saw Tate sitting there, all casual looking on a white chair, “who the hell are you?” she asked in panic. 

“So this is the coke whore,” he said to me. 

Leah turned to me with wide eyes, absolutely petrified. I gave her a look letting her know shit was about to go down and not in her favour. She tired to run but she was too slow. Tate grabbed her and looked at me. 

“Get the light!” Tate ordered. 

I hit the light and everything went black. I couldn’t see anything, sounds echoing through the room. I knew Leah was struggling and Tate was laughing. 

“That’s enough Tate,” I told him. 

“I was suddenly knocked to the ground, my landing audible. Leah’s screams became more desperate.

“Oh, God! Get it off of me! Please God get it off of me!” she begged in desperation. 

“What’s happening? Tate it’s enough!” I shouted. 

I fumbled for my phone as Leah continued screaming. I turned on the night vision app and searched for Leah. Finds her. There’s something on her, attacking her. The thing turns. It hissed at me and I felt my eyes go wide. I screamed, shocked, my phone fell to the floor. I kicked my way to the wall. I turned on the light quickly. Nothing is here now. It’s all happened in milli-seconds. Leah scampered to her feet. Her face is slashed. Claw marks. She ran up the stairs, and I’m assuming, out of the house.

“I don’t think she’ll be bothering you anymore,” Tate smiled to me. 

He went to hug me but I pushed him back, “what was that? What did you put on her? What was on her?” 

“What are you talking about? She kneed me in the balls and got away. She must have run into a wall or something,” he said but I knew he was lying to me. 

“I saw something. With my phone. It was like a monster or something. Tate what was that?” I asked loudly.

“You’re talking crazy. Scout, this is cool. We just showed that bitch,” he said excitedly. 

“I don’t want to see you again. Get out,” I demanded. 

He tried to hug me again but I backed up and moved away, not taking my eyes off him. I started running up the stairs with tears in my eyes. 

“I thought you weren’t afraid of anything!” he screamed after me. 

I tripped as I ran, getting straight back up. I slammed the basement door behind me and ran up the stairs so I could get to my room. I barged past Dom and into my room. I shut the door behind me frantically and jumped onto my bed. I grabbed a cushion and curled into a ball, staring to cry.