54 - nails

Y/N L/N

"issie please," i heard louis beg over the phone as i went through the clothes in my closet. he was trying to convince her to let him come to my house after we decided that we'd just meet at dinner. my parents had gotten home and were quite excited to meet him, so they of course had said yes. 

but issie wanted to go on and explore new york and all, yet all louis wanted to do was come visit me despite being in one of the worlds most renowned cities in the world. he wasn't aware of how much that meant to me. 

"louis i-" issie's voice came through, as i heard her sigh. "fine! fine!" 

i could practically hear louis grinning widely, his eyes crinkling cutely and his dimples showing more evidently as i saw him turn to me excitedly over facetime.

"she said yes!" he squealed.

i giggled at his excitement, feeling a warm feeling at the pit of my stomach. "i heard! oh my god i can't believe you're gonna be meeting my parents!" 

"ah! i'm nervous," he muttered. 

"don't be, they're really nothing to be scared of. remember when i met your family?" i teased.

"oh shut up," his cheeks turning a rosy shade as he shook his head. 

"oh hey, you must be y/n! louis has said a lot about you!" i mocked. the amount of times i heard that sentence in the span of one night was honestly flattering. 

"oh my god, it's a girl, louis!" i laughed, impersonating his charming sisters. 

"please stop talking, no no, shh!" he interjected. "that night was so embarrassing, for god's sake!"

"what do i wear to dinner?" i asked him, changing the topic. 

"anything really, it's up to you," he replied. that didn't help much, i was still stuck with no ideas on what to wear and it was already 6:30pm. 

"louis!" i heard issie scold him. "get up! go get ready, the reservation is at 7:30!"

"what?" louis responded, ending the call after quickly screaming a faint "bye y/n, see you la-" 

i couldn't help but smile at him, a little sad that he had left but it gave me more time to actually focus on choosing a good outfit. i was grateful that i was back at home instead of at london having to re-wear a lot of clothes. 

i chose a funny, really thick and oversized shirt with what i assumed was a dog with a helmet on it that i stole from my brother's closet cause it looked humorous, but it ended up matching my outfit. i brought a jacket, assuming it would be cold. it was kind of dumb to wear a skirt and fishnets during the winter, but i could manage.