In the Classroom Part 2

The class sped by to the end, and I had retained zero of the information. 

     "Um, alright then! I think that's it for today. On to your next classes, and stuff." Mrs. Jean says, gathering the papers back in her arms. I heard sighs from around the room, and I couldn't blame them. She was the epitome of unprofessionalism.

     "Jason? Would you mind staying after class to discuss your schedule?" She asked, turning to me. I nod, setting my bag down behind me.

     People then began filing out of the room, chatting amongst themselves. Everyone except Axel. He was no longer slouching, but was sitting straight up. The last group in class was beginning to leave, and I was getting nervous.

     He could just have business with the teacher. It was the start of the second semester, so he could be concerned about his classes, right?

     "Yikes, I'm sorry but would you boys mind waiting for a few minutes? I have to deliver the attendance to the office... which is literally across the campus. Er, thanks for your patience!" She sighs, and hurrying out the door.

     My heart stopped. It was no longer beating. No one else was here, just us. 

     A moment passes, then he slowly got up from his chair. 

     I immediately looked down, covering my face with my hand. I heard him shuffle closer to me, his masculine pine-tree scent filling my senses.

     "So," He grabbed the hand covering my face, moving it out of the way. "You saw, didn't you?"     

     I stumbled out of my chair, backing away from him. "What do you m-mean?"I was extremely unaware of my surroundings, causing me to trip over my bag falling backwards. He advanced further, crouching over me. 

     "Come on, answer the question." He towered over me, forcing himself into my comfort zone. I tried to scoot away from him, to regain my footing, But he stopped me, grabbing my wrist. 

     "You're pissing me off, newbie. I thought you would be the type to knew who not to mess with." 

     "It was an accident," I say, attempting to break free of his grip. He didn't budge an inch. "Right, an accident."

     He grabbed my other hand, completely pinning me down. His face was only inches away from mine, I could feel the warmth of his skin. In my last attempt to break away from him, I shoved his arm holding me down. 

     He stumbled, losing his balance and falling forward, his lips crushing onto mine

     It took him a second to react, but in one sudden movement, I was pushed away and thrown on the ground. He was on top of me, pinning my arms to the floor. 

     His eyes were wide, and he stared at me in shock. "What did you just do?"

     "No, no that was you!" I accuse, my face heating up. My lips burned and tingled where his lips touched mine, and I breathed heavily as we fared as we stared at each other. He blinked for a moment, then slowly leaned down kissing me against the cold floor.

     His lips were warm and soft, and his hand traced down to caress my waist. My entire body stiffened, and I fought the urge to melt into his gentle yet possessive touch. 

     Once he lifted his lips, I lay in utter shock, my face now completely red. I was positive he could hear my heart hammering through my chest. What was going on, what was he doing? This was totally on purpose, so why would he...?

     Suddenly, we heard something drop by the door, followed by a gasp.

     He stumbled off of me, pulling me up after him. 

     "Ahh, I dropped my glasses. Could you boys wait just a second?" Mrs. Jean sighed, patting around the floor looking for the glasses right in front of her. 

     I felt intense relief between the two of us. "Do you have bad vision, Mrs. Jean?" Axel asked, completely level headed. 

     "Oh, it's terrible. I can barely see my hands in front of me." She laughed, continuing her search. 

     Axel went over to the teacher, picking up her glasses. "Here." He says, handing them to her. She takes them back, thanking him. 

     I was still extremely flustered and confused about what had happened. Axel, however, calmly walked out the door without turning back. I looked at his desk, to see the small bracelet that he had been wearing.

     "Jason? Jaaason? Have you been okay today? You seem really spaced out." Mrs. Jean said, waving her hand in front of my face. "What, me? No, I'm fine. I'm fine." I mumble.

     I spent the next half hour figuring out my schedule with Mrs. Jean, she was very unorganized. Once I got my bag to leave, I picked up the bracelet on the floor next to Axels desk. I of course, took it so I could return it to him. It had nothing to do with me seeing him, I just assumed he would want his bracelet back.