𝐢 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮

━━━━━

━━━━━

It's been a few weeks since Maeko started getting sleep-deprived, about a month since the training camp originally started. Her mind during the past few weeks, however, was and always Suna. There was no absolute way for her to get him out of her thoughts.

"maybe Osamu was right, maybe there really is hope"  were the thoughts she pondered on every single free moment she had in the day.

Maeko had a terrible sleep schedule ever since training camp ended and since then, stayed up till God knows when and the person that would be accompanying her was Suna. The entire day, Maeko either found herself staring at him during lunch or filled her thoughts with him during her classes. The thoughts that her best friend may return her feelings made Maeko's stomach erupt with butterflies.

Suna on the other hand, despite not seeming like it, kept glancing back at Maeko. The entire inarizaki team could see how the two liked each other, it was so stressful and agonizing that they wouldn't just spit out their feelings already. Not knowing that Suna and Maeko had been staying up together for the past few weeks, the team thought of how they both seemed closer. Not that they aren't close before this week, but everything around them just felt off. It felt as if there was a tension between them as if they wanted to say something but no words would form.

━━━━━

Thursday was easily the best day of the week ━ second to Friday ━ not only did her photography club have no important meetings, but she also was able to leave the school campus quite early seeing that classes ended at two in the afternoon. The day passed by like a flash, especially with a certain middle blocker occupying her thoughts.

Maeko had rushed home after saying her goodbyes to her friends, knowing that she still had a bunch of stuff to do ranging between homework and working on her art portfolio. Since she dreamed of becoming an art illustrator, Maeko tried her best to always practice her skills during her free time.

Just as Maeko started opening up her folder full of her artworks, her mother came into the room and stared at her for a good 5 seconds before speaking "you know, doing this may not make you successful in the future".

Maeko stared gaping at her mom, her mother was always half supportive towards her hobby ━ as she always wanted her to take up a better hobby and a better path in life. Not to mention her mother always compares her to her elder sister who had become the family's golden child since birth. It was as if Maeko, the way she actually was, is not enough for her mother. Maeko could only keep quiet when her mom brings the same conversation up and even if she did reply to her mother's words, it will only make the conversation much longer.

This was the main reason why Maeko found comfort in talking with her friends ━ and well, why she finds comfort in Suna. Her father was always busy, never around to talk about such things. Her mother and sister barely spoke to her unless it requires her presence to do chores around the house or her grades when it comes to her mother. Maeko has been neglected her whole life, everyone around her seems to either have a supporting family or a family that barely cared about how you act. Everyone had a sense of comfort in their life, whereas Maeko never had that, not even once. That is until Suna came into the picture.