4: Break

Author's Note: This chhapter takes place after the one shot

---------------------Chapter Start---------------------------------------------

Your Perspective

"G-Grand- I mean Jean? Are you alright?"

"Do I look alright to you?"

"No? Sorry for asking."

Jean stopped and sighed, pulling herself away from the mountain of paperwork to apologize for her snapping at me and stated that she was just tired. I could clearly see bags under her eyes. She walks over to me and rests her head against my chest. 

"It's so tiresome to do so much paperwork." She says muffled against my chest. I pat her reassuringly on the back and offer to get her away from here for a while. She looks up at me and smiles, taking me up on my offer.

"Cmon then lets go then." I say holding out my hand for her to take. She takes it gently and we leave the office and head. Jean picks the place we're eating at and we embark on that direction. After a short commute we come across a small restaurant. We get seated and a waiter comes to take our order. I order a few cookies whereas Jean gets a full-blown meal. 

"(Y/N) what have I said about-"

"Don't worry, I had lunch prior to us going out." 

"Oh. Never mind then."

We eat for a bit. Despite us being a couple now, it feels like nothing has really changed between us. Well . . . apart from . . . when she confessed to me. Ever since then, she's been what some might call a "prude". She's not really fond of us doing public displays of affection often. She's only used to handholding and even then when we do, her face reddens significantly. I kinda wish something could hap-

"(Y/N)?" 

"Hm? Oh sorry, I must have been elsewhere, thought-wise. Did you say something?"

"I was making small talk. How are things with your family? I know you went to see them last week." She says stirring her drink. 

"Well, they're rather impressed with how far I've come. That and they want to meet you one day. Apparently, word got back that I'm with a Gunhildr and now it's the talk of the house." I say. Jean's face reddens at this before she tells me she'd like to meet them too. I ask her how she's holding up as Acting Grandmaster so far. She says she's doing fine. 

"Look, Jean, I can tell when you're exhausted and running on fumes. Please take a day off so you don't burn yourself out." I plead with her. 

"I-I'll take a day off then. Tomorrow. How does that sound to you?"

"It's great! You can rest up and get as much sleep-'

"No, I meant that I want to spend my day off tomorrow with you."

"O-Oh. Then T-That's okay with me too." I say playing with my scarf. Jean chuckles. We finish up and pay, and begin our trek back. Jean locked her arm with mind the way there, though we walked in silence the whole way there. Then without warning, Jean whips around and places a gentle kiss on my cheek.

"Thank you for looking out for me when I couldn't."

A large smile crosses my face.

"It's nothing."​​​​​​​

---------------------Chapter End---------------------------------------------