2: Exploring

---------------------Chapter Start---------------------------------------------

Your Perspective

I woke up bright and early in order to further explore the town of Mondstadt. Jean was already awake and tying her hair up into a ponytail on her bed. She notices me and gives a small nod in my direction.

"Good Morning, Jean."

"Morning. Selections aren't today, so if I may ask why are you awake?" She questions. I truthfully told her that I wanted to explore Mondstadt for a bit and get used to the layout of the town. Jean states that she can show me around if I wanted to, still struggling with her ponytail.

"Oh r-really? That's real nice of you to offer. And in return, if you w-want i-i can help with your hair." I say drifting off towards the end. Jean stops smiles and takes me up on my offer. She hands me the hair tie and places her hands on her lap. Back home I have two younger sisters, so I had to do this for them a lot. after a few seconds and voila! Jean thanked me for helping her and got up to go get changed herself. Jean calmly pushed me out of the room locking me out.

-Timeskip brought Jean taking forever-

"Apologies for taking so long earlier." Jean says as we walked around town. I was busy wolfing down some cookies that we got from the bakery. I've never had many sweets as a kid so this is a welcome treat. Jean glances over at me and smiles.

"Now, (Y/N) don't go eating too much. We've still got to eat later." She says, taking the bag away from me.

I sighed and reluctantly agreed with her. She brought me to the front of a large building and stated that this is the Knights of Favonius headquarters. I looked up in awe at the building.

"Wooooah. It looks so cool!" I say to Jean. I fawn over it for a bit longer before Jean pulls me away to somewhere else. We're a long way away from the town and she takes me to this place called Cider Lake. I was rather confused as to why we were here.

"I've been rather curious about your vision, and I'd like to see how capable you are before our selection trials tomorrow." SHe says drawing her sword.

"H-Hey are you sure you want to? M-my vision i-is known to go haywire and cant we wait for trials tomorrow?" I say. Without warning, Jean suddenly "blinks" forward. I dodge a lunging slash from her before countering with the scabbard of my blade. Jean didn't let up though, leaping back and repeatedly doing multiple slashes and pierces towards me, combined with her vision. Eventually, after being pushed back and pushed to my limits, my vision began activating. The air began to grow colder as I countered another slash and I finally retaliated by releasing a vortex of cold wind and ice, launching Jean back.

"S-See? I warned you-"

I looked to see Jean had been knocked into the lake. Quickly I rushed over and helped her out.

"You hesitate too much. I counted 33 times where you had your chance to counterattack." She says frankly. I took off my coat and placed it on her, apologizing profusely for it.

"S-Sorry. I didn't really want to fight you in the first place. And like I warned my vision is unreliable at best and unpredictably dangerous at its worse."

"I must apologize for pushing you to it then. You're vision and your skill with it is a powefu- aaACHOO!" Jean sneezes cutely.

"O-Oh, you're going to c-catch a cold at this rate. Let's get you back to the in and d-dry you off. How does that sound?"

Jean smiled at my worry, whilst clutching my coat.

"It sounds good to me."

---------------------Chapter End---------------------------------------------