Lorelai shook her head. "No, just wondering. I was thinking of calling Christopher to see if he wanted to come over."

"That's fine. Just make sure you stay downstairs."

Laughing to herself, Lorelai finished the apple and tossed its remains into the trash. "I know, Mom." She went upstairs and called her boyfriend. He said he'd be over within the hour so she hopped into the shower and got ready.

Forty minutes later, the sound of the doorbell filtered throughout the house. Rosealine called to her, letting her know she had company. Lorelai went downstairs and found Christopher standing in the entryway. "Hey, you feeling better?"

"Yeah, maybe a day off was all I needed. Did I miss anything important?" She led him into the living room and they both took seats.

"No but there was quite an uproar during lunch. Jason Hawkins came strutting into the cafeteria in a cape and crown to ask Destiny out. She dumped her bottle of water over his head."

"I take it her answer was 'no'," Lorelai said, chuckling. "Jason always was too much of class clown for the likes of Destiny."

"He thought looking like a king would help. He was wrong." Christopher glanced around the room. "So, what do you want to do?"

"I don't have any plans so whatever is fine." Lorelai had a twinkle in her eye as she spoke, causing Christopher's eyes to narrow.

"I'm not sure I like that look."

She leaned in and lowered her voice. "Oh, you will. Just wait for it."

"Are your parents home?"

"No, Emily had a tea to attend and Richard is at the office. It's only us and the maid."

Christopher bent toward Lorelai, his lips meeting hers. "Too bad we weren't alone because I can think of a few things to pass the time."

Rosealine appeared in the room. "Miss Gilmore, I'm afraid I need to run an errand so Mr. Hayden will have to leave."

"Oh, is everything okay?"

The maid nodded, both confused and exasperated. "I thought I had purchased everything needed for tonight's dinner but I cannot find the potatoes anywhere. I'll have to run to the grocery store so that everything is ready on time."

Lorelai smiled. "Yes, I know how demanding my mother is. It's not a problem, Rosealine." She turned toward Christopher and spoke to him in a phony voice that rivaled Emily's. "I'm sorry that you came over for nothing, Christopher." As soon as the maid's back was turned, she winked at her boyfriend. He quickly caught on and walked to the door. Lorelai reached up to hug him and whispered, "Park on the street behind the house and sneak through the hedges. I'll be waiting at the patio door."

Rosealine walked outside through the maid's quarter's door and climbed into her used SVU. As she passed by the driveway, Lorelai saw her glance toward the house, likely making sure Christopher left. Smirking, she ran toward the patio doors and waited.

As soon as she opened the door for him, Christopher pulled Lorelai into his arms and kissed her fiercely. After pulling away, he smiled down at her. "You somehow plan this?"

Lorelai feigned innocence. "I did nothing of the sort!" She then laughed and shrugged her shoulders. "I may have heard my mother mention lamb chops and roasted potatoes for dinner and may have hidden the potatoes so that Rosealine would have to run out."

"Lorelai Gilmore, you are certainly a sly young lady."

With that, the two began kissing as they moved toward the stairs.