River scoffed like I had just told the biggest lie he had ever heard. "I am not mean to you."

Grinning I gave him a kiss on the cheek and patted his shoulder in a mocking way. I spotted Ezra coming our way with two drinks in his hand. When he finally managed to get through the crowd he gave his brother the second drink. River gladly took the drink from him and started to down it and I took a sip from the one that I had taken from him only moments ago.

"Some of the guys have started a fight ring in the house." Ezra looked unbothered has he spoke. Then his eyes met mine knowing what impact that would have on me as he let out a grin.

Fight rings were famous when it came to the Knight brothers house parties. As you could probably guess it was where two people willingly fought each other in order to get a cut of the money that was bet on them. Only the winner would walk away with any of it.

Most of the time it was just for a bit of fun and the fight was normally ended before any serious damage was really done. It was nothing like the Cage that I fought in, in the underground but it was still something that I often looked forward too.

"Um why am I only finding out about this now?" I asked pouting like a child as I glanced between the two brothers.

"Until I dragged your sorry ass here you didn't even want to come to the party." Commented River as he handed his now empty drink to his brother.

Ezra let out a low laugh as he looked between me and River. "You must be joking right? Layla Kennedy didn't want to go a house party, is she dying?"

Ezra stepped forward and put his hand to be forehead like he was checking if I was burning up but I swatted his hand away after a second giving him a playful glare.

"I'm just not in the mood."

"Yep, she's definitely sick." He turned to River like he held all the answers. I could understand why he would look at River normally when there was something wrong with me River would have all the answers. Not this time though, this was something that was messing with my own head.

How was I meant to be as great as my mom in this world when we were nothing alike. My mom had told Davis at the F.B.I headquarters that I was going to turn out just as dangerous as her if not more so. The more I looked at myself the more I wondered what it was that my mom seen in me that I didn't. What ever she seen it was not there when I thought about the matter.

There was no way I could become more dangerous than her.

After what I've seen over the last few days my mom was the most dangerous woman around.

No.

She was the most dangerous person.

"Layla?" Asked River snapping me out of my thoughts as he squeezed my thigh with his hand. Warmth past through my body at his gesture and suddenly I was all to aware of how close the two of us were. My chest was pressed against his back and I was pretty sure he could feel every curve of my body pressed against him.

"What?" I asked noticing that Ezra and their other friends had started to make their way into the house.

Everyone outside was now starting to make their way towards the house wanting to watch the fights that were about to take place inside. The fights normally took place outside but clearly that wasn't the case tonight.

"Do you want to go to watch or what?"

"Watch?" I repeated like it was the most stupidest thing I've ever heard. "I'm taking part in them."

River let out a deep laugh and for what wasn't the first time in this last few weeks I noticed how grown up he has become. His shoulders were getting broader by the day and he was really starting to fill out. It was no wonder at now seventeen he was getting more and more attention from people.

"Knew you were going to say that." Nodded River as he started to walked towards the house.

Patting his shoulder I wiggled a little to let him know I wanted down. Instead of releasing me his whole back tensed and his grip on my thighs tightened.

He had stopped walking.

"Don't do that." His voice was low and threatening and I instantly knew what he was talking about.

So on badness I wiggled my hips a bit more with a grin on my face. "Do what?"

"That." His grip on my legs tightened even more as he tried to keep me in place. Clearly with my little movements I was rubbing everything the right way. Biting my lip I tried to hide my laughter even though I knew this was a dangerous game I was playing.

Sighing dramatically I put my hands on his shoulders and pushed myself away from him. This time he let me drop down on the ground and I walked around him trailing the nail of my finger across his back, then his arm and then finally his chest.

The whole time his emerald green eyes were watching me with a hooded look.

Now here's the thing about me and River, we have basically been best friends since we were born. But that didn't mean we didn't like to mess with each other especially when we have both been drinking.

The two of us were naturally born teases and throwing us together was clearly going to equal in something like this now and again.

We've even slept with each other a few times over the last two years. In fact when we were fifteen the both of us slept with each other just to get the first time over and done with. We didn't care about the hype of it all when it came to your first.

There was no harm in it frankly, it was always a bit of fun with me and River.

Suddenly my eyes met his neck and the marks there reminded me that he to has already had a bit of fun tonight. Slowly I traced the marks and River reached up grabbing my hand with his tattooed one making me grin at him.

"Tell me River." Leaning in I whispered in his ear not even bothering to pull my hand away. "Did your little play thing not satisfy you like I can?"

He turned his head so that our lips where a mere inch apart. Watching his eyes something flashed through them when they trailed down to my lips. A slow wicked grin crossed my lips as I creeped myself closer to his own.

"And you can't tell me that fucker from earlier knew what he was doing with you." Came River's smooth reply as he tightened his grip on my hand pulling our bodies closer.

There was one thing I often forgot about River and that was how easy it was to forget what you were doing. My mind went from wanting to tease him to basically telling me to just fuck him.

The sounds of the crowds in the background reminded me what was really happening and was able to save me from losing this teasing match we had going on.

Biting my lip and stepping back I gave him that same wicked grin from earlier.

If he wanted something he was going to have to beg. I was in the mood to be a bitch and there was one thing I knew about River.

He didn't beg.

So he was just going to have to suffer and I was more than willing to sacrifice my own wants to do it.

"Sorry Rivy well have to pick this up at some other point." I said calling him by my nickname for him. Somethings flashed across his eyes like want but he now knew what I was doing and narrowed his eyes in a mock annoyance.

"I'll give you that one, you win this time."

River released my hand and I gave a pat on the cheek like he was a little child being comforted. "If you weren't so stubborn you could have anything you want."

Turning around on my heels I started to make my way make into the house.

"I'm not going to beg Kennedy." He said behind me slight frustration in his voice but I knew it was all out of good humour.

"Then that's your loss Rivy." I responded waving at him from over my shoulders.

"I hope who ever you're up against tonight kicks your ass before I can!"