Chapter 1 - Escape to Woodsboro

Natali's POV

//

        I wake up and look at the clock and it's already 8 o'clock in the morning. I realized that I have school today in a new town. I began to get up and get dressed in the summer air. My sister was right about the weather here. It's nice. I rush downstairs to see my sister making breakfast.

"Good morning" Natali said

"I look like shit" I reply

"You don't look like shit. You look like dirty shit" Natali jokingly said

"Whatever. So, what's this high school about?"

"I never went here, but it's called 'Woodsboro High School'"

"Okay and I have to get there in an hour. Don't wanna be that person who's late on the first day. I finish my breakfast and run up the stairs to get my phone to see the time. Shit, it's 8:50. I have to get to school in about 10 minutes. I grab whatever the fuck I could for school and took my ass out of the door. It was a good thing I ran in track back in Bakersfield. I see the school and enter the office to collect my schedule. I had AP Calculus for my first hour. Great. A horrible day to start with and a horrible subject.

I am walking down the empty hallways to find my class until I stop to look behind me. Did I hear my mother's voice? Was I hearing things? I ignored and moved on. Right when I turned, some one bumped into me.

"Shit. I'm so sorry" I exclaim

'It's okay" he said

"Bitch needs glasses, 'cuz I can't see shit" I said

I walk away and see in my peripheral vision that he was still looking at me. I do not want to or never want to be in a relationship. One for being it's a waste of time and also it will affect my chances of making it someday to New York. He looked awfully creepy, but familiar like I've seen him in my past. I continue walking to my class.

I decided to walk home today. The weather in Woodsboro was comforting and it took my mind off of the bullshit from school. My sister won't be home till 7. It's not like we had a close bond like before.

I finally came home and plopped onto the couch. I turned on the TV to see if any movies were on. My sister had a horrible choice of movies. All of the movies on her VCR were romance and drama. I decided to switch to the news.

"Last night. Two teenagers were found murdered in their home at Miller Drive from their parents. The two teenagers were identified as Rebecca Johansen and Jade Grant. The two were found specically found in the lawns of Rebecca's home. There are currently no eyewitnesses-"

My head began to hurt. It was an unbearable pain that struck like lightning that left an aftermath of stinging. I can see a house at night and a girl home alone and her face screaming. After she screamed, I returned back into my natural mental state.

What the fuck did I just hallucinate?

And why did the girl resemble the victim from the news.

I walk to the kitchen and grabbed a glass from the cabinet and fill it with water. I always felt tempted with the alcohol in the refridgerator. But, I always look away because I knew what it did to my parents. It turned them into monsters. My monsters that inevitably hurted me every day.

I return to the couch and put on a movie. I found a DVD tucked under the couch. I pulled it out and the title read 'Stab" with a green font. I decided that it must have been good and better than any of my sister's recorded movies so I gave it a chance. This movie is old and made in the 90s. While I couldn't fast forward the previews, I decided to take a look at the info on the back of the case.

This movie is based on Sidney Prescott's life and the book a reporter wrote on the murders here. I might as well know this town's past while I live here.

It's 6 in the evening. The movie ended and it sucked. I knew that I just wasted my time on a Hollywood downhill actor try to act and scare me with cheesy jump scares. Now with that horrible review of the movie, I decided to not watch the 8 other films. Hollywood needs to become more original.

After I turned off the TV screen, I see a shape in the window behind me in the reflection. I turn around and see nothing but the lights from the streets. California gets dark easily in the summer. When i get up, I try to stop myself from thinking about that god awful movie. I try to look through the kitchen window, but hear a noise on the back door.

This was the moment when I realized that shit was getting real

Why did I have to choose to live with my sister in Woodsboro?