«Chapter 1»

Note:
This story takes place way before the hobbit. So Tauriel is around 100- 200 years old. Also , in appearance, she looks like she will be around 14 or 16. :3

Tauriel looked afar as she stood upon a sturdy branch of a tall tree, her green eyes scanned the forest for foul creatures. It was night fall and the forest of Mirkwood was flooded with Servants of Sauron during that time. Upon seeing that there were no creatures in sight, the fiery haired elleth continued to climb up the tree and into the starry night. Settling herself, Tauriel then looked up and gazed upon the bright Stars of Varda, which broight her comfort during the dark night. All of a sudden, she heard the red autumn leaves rustle from behind her. Getting her daggers ready, the elleth turned away from the cool stars.

"Who goes there?" She called "show yourself!"

On hearing that, a soft giggle came from the leaves and then a blond ellom rose from the red leaves of the trees.

"Legolas..." Tauriel smiled as she slid her daggers into their sheaths "do not scare me like that..."

"I am truly sorry, Mellon.." Legolas grinned "I did not mean to frighten you..".

Walking beside Tauriel, Legolas then sat beside and looked up at the shining stars. The fiery haired elleth joind her friend and gazed at the stars in silence, the silence was so thick that one could only hear the crickets chirp.

"Aren't they beautiful?" Legolas asked suddenly

"Yes, they are.." Tauriel sighed "how I wish I could just grab one out of the sky.."

Legolas laughed softly at Tauriel's words and then turned his head to face her.

"Maybe we should ask Eärendil the Mariner to fetch one for you" He joked

On hearing that, Tauriel burst out into laughter and faced Legolas.

"Ah , Legolas " she replied "you truly have such a creative mind.."

"Well, I would do such I thing for you.." Legas smiled "for you are special to me..."

Tauriel's heart stopped for a moment, yet then she realized that he probably meant that she was a special friend.

"You are also special to me, Legolas" Tauriel grinned "and I would fetch all the beauties of Arda for you.."

They then sat again in silence and turned to face the stars. After a while, they had realized that it was getting late and decided to head back to the Palace. Upon entering the Palace, the two elves were about to part ways.

"Tauriel!" Legolas said suddenly

Tauriel turned around to face Legolas.

"Yes?" She asked

Legolas shuffled nervously, he then revealed a a small beautiful beautiful black box and held it out towards the elleth.

"I.. um.. had forgotten to give this to you.." He said nervously.

Tauriel gently took the box from his hands, she then opened it. Her eyes widened in awe as she saw what was hidden inside of it. It was a beautiful necklace, that looked that of a silver leaf and in the middle was a diamond shaped like a star.

"Legolas..." Tauriel said in awe "it is beautiful! Thank you so much!"

She then walked towards Legolas and placed a kiss upon his cheeks.

"No problem, Tauriel" He smiled "it is getting late now.. we should get to bed before Galiom catches us.."

Bading farewell, the two elves then part waus and went into their chambers.