Prologue

A/N: I know this is like my third time writing this story over, but I'm gonna say this once again, I've decided to start my fic off in a unique way.

No typical beginning where he goes home, his mom and friends tell him to give up on his dream, etc.

I'm leaving most of that up to the reader.

Also, I have not watched the new Pokémon series (the one taking place on Galar and Ash's travels with Goh) and have not played Sword or Shield. I know minimally about that region and it's most likely that I'll possibly never mention it in the story. Galar is more than likely not going to exist in this story.

》》》》》》

Kukui was sitting on the edge of his seat.

Kalos was currently being destroyed.

And there was nothing he could do to help.

It was the end of the school year. He was able to skip a lesson or two that were really not necessary in order to have them watch the Lumiose Conference.

It was a once-every-three-years opportunity.

It was the finals.

Two boys named Ash Ketchum and Alain.

Don't get it wrong, it was a truly beautiful battle.

Full of emotion and rivalry and friendship between the two trainers and their Pokémon.

Alain ended up victorious, but by a slim margin.

Arceus, and the type disadvantage his Charizard had against Ash's Greninja didn't seen to matter in the end.

Not that any of it mattered all too much.

Before they could celebrate, Kalos became victim to Team Flare's awful plan to take over the world.

Red vines sprouted from the ground, destroying buildings, cars and hurting people and Pokémon.

The two finalists had taken action and began helping Officer Jenny lead people outside.

"Professor, what are those things?" Mallow asks.

She fiddles with her long, green hair and continues watching. Bounsweet sits silently on the desk in front of its trainer.

"It's no Pokémon move I've ever seen," Sophocles mumbles.

"It's none I've studied either, Sophocles. At first, I thought it looked like Frenzy Plant. Or a varitation of it," Kukui tells his students.

"But the more you look at it, the more you realize that a single Pokémon isn't at the center," he adds. "They're... random. Chaotic."

"So, then, what could it be, Professor...?" Lillie questions in a quiet voice, emerald eyes still glued to the screen.

The Pokémon Professor watches as the vines wrap around buildings, slowly crushing them. It sends massive amounts of debris hurtling towards the civilians and Pokémon below, "I..."

Kukui watches the TV for a long while, trying to make sense of any of it.

The situation was only getting worse.

"Professor...?" Mallow speaks up.

"I don't know," he confesses, shaking his head.

He continues watching the screen, a growing frown on his face.

》》》》》》

Kukui takes a sip from his Tapu Cocoa, sitting back with a sigh.