Changes

Beauxbatons Academy of Magic | 18th September 1985 | 6 AM

Charlus woke up in his room and saw the time and decided he should get ready. His mind was still a bit fuzzy about the details of what happened the previous day. He only remembered being a bit sick and then fainting on the road. He guessed that someone must have brought him back to the dorm.

He went to the bathroom which he shared with his friends in the other room. He brushed his teeth and went to take a bath. He came out 30 minutes later. He went back to the room to get dressed. He was just getting dressed when Henri woke up.

"Charlus?" Henri asked for him. He had just woken up, and wasn't sure if the person in front of him was Charlus or not. Charlus turned back and answered, "Yes?"

Henri became wide awake. He got up and stumbled towards Charlus. H hugged him tightly.

"Are you okay? You were gone for 2 days and all of us were worried."

Charlus realized that he had not been brought by some person who found him on the road, but that something beyond that happened.

"What happened? Did something happen to me?"

"Madame Maxime told Selene and Lucas that you were sick, and that Sirius took you."

"Sirius?"

"Yes. She told us that you were sick, and that your godfather took you home. You weren't here yesterday. You missed the classes."

Charlus was a bit confused. If he was with his godfather, how come he had no recollection of the matter. He turned around to put on his clothes when he heard Henri shout.

"Wow! That's a sick tattoo. My family would kill me if I ever got one."

"Tattoo? What tattoo?" Charlus had never gotten a tattoo by his memory, and unless someone had drawn one on him when he was asleep, he shouldn't have had one.

"That tattoo. The one that looks like wings. It's like they are going to come out and you can fly. Wait, they moved! You have a magical tattoo?!"

Patrick woke up with all the noise. He looked at the source of all the noise. He then saw Charlus and his tattoo. "Having a tattoo is not allowed in Beauxbatons, much less a magical one. You could get expelled for being a bad influence. Ha! Looks like we are getting some room."

Charlus became a bit worried. He woke up and found that he had been missing for a day, that he had a magical tattoo, and that he would be expelled. His head couldn't take all of the new information.

"Wait. Charlus, we can explain this to the teachers. First I will call Lucas and Lucifer."

Henri went out the room to the room beside theirs. He came back with the two, and they spent the next hour admiring Charlus' tattoo.

The four got ready and started for class just 10 minutes before 9. They ran together to reach class. Patrick had left before hand, probably to tattletale to the teacher. They had Magic Theory, and they didn't want to lose the impression of their favorite teacher, so they ran at full speed. They reached the classroom in 5 minutes.

Magic Theory Classroom | 18th September 1985 | 9 AM

Professor Papillon entered the classroom, and was greeted enthusiastically by the first-years. He went to his place in front of the desk and turned towards the students. He looked at everyone, as if searching for someone. Then his eyes landed on Charlus. He smiled and then turned to start the class. But he suddenly felt a sudden pressure on his entire body. It made him unable to move.

But then, he recovered. The pressure on his body suddenly disappeared. The only other person who felt that sudden pressure was Fleur. She also felt the pressure for a short while, before it disappeared. The cause of this phenomena was Charlus. He was looking at the new accessory around his wrist.

There was a bracelet around his wrist, which was blue and green in colour. It was smooth to the touch, and felt like it was made of some sort of crystal. It was actually made of Azurite. This bracelet would cost a fortune, whether it was bought in the Wizarding world, or the Muggle world. The bracelet was very simple- it was a bangle made out of Azurite with random green veins. However, if anyone looked closely, the veins had a pattern. It was quite similar to the pattern in Charlus' blood. However, it was also different.

This pattern was the exact opposite of the Phoenix pattern, which made it go against the energy released by Charlus. This bracelet was placed by the mysterious person who was present at Charlus' awakening, and it shielded and hid Charlus' Phoenix energy that was pouring out from him.

The class went on like it normally would. Charlus didn't face too many difficulties, even though he had missed a day. He was able to cope up with what happened. He didn't touch the bracelet, and focussed on the class.

After Magic Theory, they went to Fencing. Millicent Masher, their instructor, gave them wooden swords, and held a practical demonstration. She dueled each and every student and gave them a constructive analysis of every mistake they were doing. Charlus was trying too much to attack, and he didn't defend at all. Lucas and the others were either holding their sword too tightly, or they had their stance a little off.

After classes, they went to the dining hall to get lunch. Charlus ate lunch with Lucas, Lucifer and Henri as usual and after lunch, they went to the garden to meet up with the others. The moment Charlus entered the garden, he was bombarded from both sides.

"Where!"

"Were!"

"You!"