𝔰𝔦𝔵- 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤'𝔰 𝔤𝔬𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔥𝔲𝔯𝔱 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔟𝔞𝔟𝔶

Start from the beginning

ROSIE POV

I looked over the baggy Levi's overalls that hung on my body, a long sleeve white baby tee layered underneath, accompanied with white converse and a beanie. It was chilly out. But nowhere near the usual frigid temperatures.

I hopped down the stairs with a little smile, my book bag over my shoulder.

" Well look who's got a smile," dad laughed, looking over like he just saw a ghost.

I giggled, taking a sit at the bar stool, taking a bit of the granola bar he handed me.

Dad looked deeply invested in his phone, his forehead lines more prominent.

" What's wrong?" I asked, confused.

" Nothing. Just work stuff. There's been a strange amount of animal attacks lately. Just strange, being were in such a large city. Not the country side..." He dragged out, deep in thought.

" Well, it's different here dad. It could be hunters?"

"That's true. The details are just odd. I've gotta get a press release written up today and an article on the dangers of grizzly bears and wolves in Seattle by tonight."

" I'm sorry. How many attacks has there been? No one has died, right?"

" There's been twenty in the last six months. All in Seattle or within twenty miles of the city. All dead."

I frowned, shifting in my seat uncomfortably. I hated death. I despise it. It's just so sad. Life is sad, I guess.

" I know you know this, Rosie, but just make sure you never go in the woods and if you're ever outside by the woods you don't go alone."

I nodded, " I know dad."

" And you've got your pepper spray with your keys-"

I nodded, giving him an awkward side hug as I put my glass in the sink. " I know dad. I've gotta catch the bus. I'll see you tonight. "

" Okay, see you. Be safe Rose."

" You too, dad."

The car ride to school was short. The usual traffic seemingly nonexistent.

I arrived fifteen minutes early, as the bus always does. I waited in the usual spot, headphones in.

I tried not to glance around in search of the white B&W Coupe every second. I tried not to think about last night. But Damien has been stuck in my head.

It was five minutes till first bell, but still no sign of Damien. I sighed, letting out a yelp as someone practically pounced at me.

" HEY ROSE!" Jessica's voice boomed in my ears and I clutched my chest.

" You almost gave me a heart attack, my god." I shook my head with a laugh.

" So what was the deal with Damien yesterday, are you like a thing?"

I felt my cheeks heat up, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion. " What!? No. No, not at all. We're friends."

" Damien Black Doesn't have friends Rose."

I don't usually either. What's that got to do with anything?

" Well I think we're friends."

" I don't know Rose. He just thinks he's too good for everyone. He thinks just because he's hot-"

I stopped listening, trying my best to separate from Jessica. That was an impossible thing to do considering we had first period together.

Lunch came around eventually. And I scanned the room for those pale blue eyes and that ghostly pale complexion. I didn't see him. I didn't see his brother either, or that girl. I felt disappointed.