- "Whoa, John, hold up. You already told me all this." Sherlock said, a bit annoyed. Watson would always talk about you. Always. And once he started, he could never stop. "For the hundredth time, John, stop rambling on about (y/n)!"

- "I'm just really interested in her work." He muttered. "No, you're really interested in her." Sherlock countered. Watson was surprised to hear that and he blushed, covering his face with his hand. "No! No, I'm not!" Sherlock just smirked at John. "Listen, this is cute and all, but it's getting old. We all know you're into on (y/n). Just admit it already!"

- Sherlock went on to prove his point. "First of all, you always talk about her, it's like she lives in your head or something. Second of all, you guys are reading buddies, and you just can't get any more romantic than that, am I right? Another thing, you always blush whenever you see her, or I even say her name, and you get all defensive about it."

- "No I don't! I-" Watson just stopped, realizing he was enforcing Sherlock's point, then he blushed. "Okay, you caught me. Maybe I like her... a little." Sherlock grinned. "Just a little?"

- "No." Watson mumbled, embarrassed. Maybe I really do like her.

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ═════╗

Asking You Out

╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ═════╝

- Watson stood in front of the mirror located in his room. He stood, hands clenched as he faced his own reflection.

- "(y/n), will you go out with me?" He asked in the reflection. He sighed. She's never going to accept to go out with me like this. He tried again. "Would you come along with me on this beautiful day to have some lunch we can enjoy?" He facepalmed. That was pathetic, come on, John, you can do much better!

- Sherlock listened from the door, as Watson kept making attempts, each one more cringy than the last. He laughed to himself. What kind of friend would I be if I didn't help him out? Sherlock walked into the room. "Yo, John. You look like you need some help."

- Watson fumbled with his cane and hat. "Sherlock! What are you doing here." Sherlock sighed. "I heard everything, let me get to the point. You're doing it all wrong." Watson was taken aback. "Excuse me, Sherlock, but I think I'm doing a decent job."

- Miss Hudson barged into the room. "SHERLOCK! Don't you dare try to give John any love advice. What do you know about going out with girls?" She walked over to John, hands on her hips. "John, don't listen to anything Sherlock says. You'll do fine! You have the charms to earn any girl's heart." Watson was still not the most confident, but he decided he wanted to finally go ask you out. He couldn't hold it any longer.

- You were at your desk, writing, and you took a look at the clock, realizing that it was time for your lunch break. You stuffed all your belongings in your bag and headed out, signing out of your small office, at the publishing company's building. You met Watson at the door. "Oh! John, what brings you here? Did you prepare the new draft for your book?!" You asked excitedly.

- He just laughed nervously. "About that, I wasn't quite done..."

- You rolled your eyes but kept a wide smile on your face. "I'll wait another week, Mr. Watson. Anyway, what have you come here for, then?"