Chapter 2 ~ Goodbye and Welcome Home

Start from the beginning

“So I guess this is goodbye then.” Peter said looking quite solemn. 

I looked down at the ground I couldn’t really bear to see their sad faces, “You guys can always come and visit me.” 

“If they ever let us out of here to visit then totally.” Rachel smirked.  

“We’re gonna miss you Lizzie.” Tessa said her eyes a little glassy from the unshed tears before she came up and hugged me.

“It’s not forever; I’ll be back as soon as this stupid amnesia goes away.” I reassured giving them all a small smile. 

“You better be we’re gonna miss having you show us up every day in training practice.” Jack joked.

“I’ll miss you too Jack.” I smiled giving him a hug. 

Of course I was gonna miss them. I might only have just met them a few days ago because I don’t remember them but they remember me and they are my friends and they have been so nice and understanding with me; more understanding than my own mother even. Of course I was gonna miss them. 

I then proceeded to give them all a hug and a heartfelt goodbye, or as heartfelt I could get for only just meeting them and getting to know them for a few days, until it was just me and Robin left; and they all decided to give us space then.

His goodbye was the one I dreaded the most I mean from what he told me we were in love with each other and now we were in like this one-sided relationship, at least for now, and I just hated letting him down all the time, “Hey….” I said weakly not really looking at him.

“Hi.” 

“Well I guess this is goodbye…for now at least.” 

“I’m gonna miss you Blue.”

“It’s Lizzie.” I just blurted out and his face just looked so hurt. I failed the Lizzie test again. 

“I’m sorry.”

“What do you have to be sorry for? It’s not your fault that you have amnesia.” He chuckled but his eyes still showed that sadness there.

“I’m sorry that I can’t remember…us, but I’ll try really hard to remember and I just want you to know that I’ll miss you.” 

Some hair fell in front of my face and he tucked it back behind my ear for me before putting his finger under my chin to make me look up at him, “I’ll miss you too. And when you remember I’ll be right here waiting for you okay?”

I nodded. He was just too sweet, I mean here we were in a total one-sided relationship and me not remembering a single thing about him and he was gonna wait until I did for me. Could he be a more perfect guy? So before I said anything else or started crying I buried my face into his hard very muscular chest and hugged him as tight as I could. 

“It’ll be alright. We’ll come visit you whenever we can, you’ll get your memory back and everything will be fine.”

“I hope so.” I sniffled into his chest.

“Just don’t go liking it too much over there that you won’t want to come back to us alright?” he said stroking down my hair gently with his hand.

I chuckled holding back the tears and nodding, “No promises.”

“Now there’s the humor that I love to hear.” 

“Haha.” I laughed pulling away from him but not out of his arms that were wrapped around me. 

I heard my mom cough behind me which I guess that was my only warning to say my time to say my goodbyes is up, “Guess that’s my subtle hint for saying my time is up.”