"He said he was doing fine, but I don't think he was telling the truth," Harry admitted.

"I would imagine, I mean he just lost his daughter a few months ago," Ron added.

Hermione let out a sigh, "I miss her..."

"I do too," Harry said quietly. "I hate how things ended, if only I wasn't so quick to assume she would betray us."

"It was hard not to, there wasn't much evidence to think she wasn't betraying us," said Ron.

"Still," Harry pressed on, "I doubt she would've been so hasty if it was us and now we have to live with those final moments with her of being horrible to Cassie."

"It really hasn't gotten any easier," Hermione murmured.

"We all feel guilty and rightfully so," Harry spat bitterly. "I need air, I'll catch you guys later..."

Not waiting for a response, Harry grabbed his cloak before heading out of the train compartment. He was originally planning on finding an empty compartment to be alone, but at seeing Blaise Zabini about to enter the Slytherin compartment, an idea occurred to him.

Though he was as close as he could get to Zabini without touching him, Harry was not quick enough to slip into the compartment when he opened the door. Zabini was already sliding it shut when Harry hastily stuck out his foot to prevent it closing.

"What's wrong with this thing?" said Zabini angrily as he smashed the door against Harry's foot repeatedly.

Harry seized the door and pushed it open roughly before toppling inside. He darted inside before quickly hoisting himself up into the luggage rack.

Harry remained seated there for the rest of the train ride, but unfortunately for him, nothing much of importance was said. Other than a vague conversation about a mysterious him, he didn't learn anything that would give answers.

As they pulled up to Hogwarts though, he was so busy staring at Malfoy that he did not notice Goyle reaching up for his trunk. When he swung it down, it hit Harry hard on the side of his head, causing him to release an involuntary gasp of pain, making Malfoy look up at the luggage rack, frowning.

Harry could see the corridors filling up again and hoped that Hermione and Ron would take his things out onto the platform for him; he was stuck where he was until the compartment had quite emptied. At last, with a final lurch, the train came to a complete halt. Goyle threw open the door and muscled his way out into a crowd of second years, punching them aside; Crabbe and Zabini followed.

"You go on," Malfoy told Pansy, who was waiting for him with her hand held out as though hoping he would hold it. "I just want to check something."

Pansy left. Now Harry and Malfoy were alone in the compartment. Malfoy moved over to the compartment door and let down the blinds, so that people in the corridor beyond could not peer in.

"Didn't your mum ever tell you it's rude to eavesdrop, Potter?" Draco sneered.

Before Harry could make a move, Malfoy was screaming "Petrificus Totalus!"

Without warning, Malfoy pointed his wand at Harry, who was instantly paralyzed. As though in slow motion, he toppled out of the luggage rack and fell, with an agonizing, floor-shaking crash, at Malfoy's feet, the Invisibility Cloak trapped beneath him, his whole body revealed with his legs still curled absurdly into the cramped kneeling position. He couldn't move a muscle; he could only gaze up at Malfoy, who smiled broadly.

"I though so," he said jubilantly. "I heard Goyle's trunk hit you. And I thought I saw something white flash through the air after Zabini came back..."

"You didn't hear anything I care about, Potter. But while I've got you here..."

And he stamped, hard, on Harry's face. Harry felt his nose break; blood spurted everywhere.

"That's for you and your bloody family causing Cassie's death. She was the only person I could have turned to for help and you took her from me," he choked out with his eyes glossing over.

Malfoy dragged the Cloak out from under Harry's immobilized body and threw it over him.

"Now, I don't reckon they'll find you till the train's back in London," he said quietly. "See you around, Potter... or not."

And as Malfoy walked out and Harry was eventually found on the train by Luna, they all went about their year at Hogwarts as normally as they could.

Everything was different for them, the only thing they all shared was their grief. Grief works in mysterious ways, but they all showcased it in one way or another.

They went on with that year hoping things would get better, but the reality is that they will grieve forever. They won't simply 'get over' the death of Cassiopeia Black; they will learn to live with it. Eventually they will be rebuilt and be whole once more, but they won't be the same.

It's a kind of emptiness that nothing and no one can ever fill. That feeling will remain in the core of their hearts forever, or should I say, for now.

Not my best chapter, just a shorter one to give some insight on how some character's are coping! Next chapter will get into Regulus and Cassie's return, literally so excited!

AND YES, I know I didn't include Kreacher's reaction. I really tried to, but it seemed so choppy adding him into that scene. I rewrote it so many times, but I couldn't make it good! Sorry!! When he finds out she along with Regulus' return, I will definitely make sure it's heartfelt though to make up for it!

Make sure to vote and comment! 🌉