"Nothing to say for once?" she mocked. "After all these years you're finally silent because you know I'm right. I don't want to see your face, GET OUT!"

Not wasting any time Sirius wiped his eyes quickly before urgently rushing out of his childhood home, not daring to give it a second glance.

"Padfoot, are you alright?"

Sirius jolted as he glanced up to see Remus kneeling in front of him with concern in his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry, old friend," Sirius replied with a smile across his face that didn't quite meet his eyes.

"We're about to meet Harry and the others at King's Cross, do you want to come?" he questioned.

One would assume Sirius wouldn't want to come, but after Cassie's death he vowed not to waste any time with the people in his life. With Cassie he has so many regrets that it actually pains him, he wasn't about to make that mistake again.

"Of course I'll come, can't miss sending off my god-son!" he said cheerfully.

Remus and Tonks didn't dare to question their friend's happiness. They knew it was all fake, but it was his way of grief. With others he appeared as though he was getting by, but alone, he was an empty shell.

Upon arriving to King's Cross, Sirius immediately turned into his animagus form of a dog. Although the ministry was in shambles, he was still viewed as a criminal in their eyes so he had to be careful in public.

"Sirius!" Harry exclaimed when he saw the shaggy black dog.

Giving a small bark, Sirius led him to a small room so they could talk for a few moments before he had to leave.

"Sirius! How are you? I haven't seen you in months!" Harry rambled.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry it's been so long, but I need to hear about what you've been speculating about Draco Malfoy," Sirius said.

"Well, when we were at Diagon Alley, Ron, Hermione, and I followed Draco using my Invisibility Cloak."

"Did you have a reason to follow him?" he inquired.

"Because I thought Malfoy was up to something," said Harry, disregarding his godfather's look of amusement. "He'd given his mother the slip and I wanted to know why."

"Of course you did," Sirius chuckled, being eerily reminded of his late best friend. "Did you find out why?"

"He went into Borgin and Burke's," said Harry, "and we saw him try to get Borgin to fix something, but we also saw Malfoy jump when Madam Malkin tried to touch his left arm. I think he's a Death Eater, Sirius."

"I don't know, Harry... seems unlikely he was branded at 16, but then again my brother was around his age..." he trailed off. "I'll look into things, just don't go around searching for answers yourself. It's not safe anymore."

Out of nowhere the door burst open with Mr. Weasley at the entrance.

"The train is about to leave, Harry!" he said frantically.

At this, Harry pulled his godfather into a tight hug, "Take care of yourself, Sirius. We all miss her still too," he whispered.

"I'll be fine," Sirius chuckled, "now get going!"

Giving a half smirk, Harry ran off leaving Sirius alone once more. This was the hardest part, finally being left alone. He didn't have to uphold his mask any longer, he could finally be empty.

——-

"How did Sirius seem to be doing?" Hermione asked.

On the train, the Golden Trio sat discussing what was going on in the Wizarding World as of lately. They were fairly close to arriving to Hogwarts, but at the mention of Sirius sending Harry off, Hermione couldn't help but ask as they haven't heard much from him.