ch:14

Chrollo's pov:

  Slowly opening my eyes I see Y/n still embracing me the way she was the night before except now her body was twitching is ways that it should not.  Noticing her face movements and how she seemed almost afraid. I pull her closer too me seeing her face relax. I feel at ease, but why? Why did I worry about her so much? Why was my immediate response to her nightmare to hold her closer? Why did I care for her as if I loved her? Most likely it was just instinct nothing more ,but I still had a feeling as if it was not , she had been staying in my home for a while ,and every day I grew more fond of her.

End of pov

Screams. That's all I heard in my head at night screams from me , screams of my mother yelling at me ,the scream of my dead brother ,and the screams of everyone I've ever watched die while working for the mafia. All these filled my head as I slept. My body jolted awake, only to feel a grip on my waist turning my head from where it was to see Chrollo holding my waist his eyes soft and melancholy, pulling me closer to him. I didn't want to speak about it but he seemed to understand that as he just stood there holding me.

He was right. No matter how much I hated physical touch, it was the one thing that would bring me peace, no matter how uncomfortable it would make me, somehow it would calm me down. I was touch deprived ,even though my other language was physical touch.

" I guess you were right." I slightly chuckle

"About what y/n? " Chrollo asks me as he holds me

"About me being a touch deprived soul. Who sadly needs to be touched in order to feel safe." I laugh and look up at him

"I suppose I was. You do seem to enjoy this." He smiles at me looking down at me. Pulling away from him I notice he looks significantly less tired.

"So I see my idea worked." I say to him as I get off of the bed

"I suppose your not the only one who's a touch deprived person, with some sort of insomnia." He replies to me as he gets up and well and leans against the wardrobe."Well then. I'm gonna go make some sort of breakfast, come down whenever you feel ready." He says to me as he abruptly walks pit of the room leaving me in the room. I didn't understand why but lately I've cared more for him, it seems as if I've gotten more defensive and more entangled into his web of ideas and thoughts,  there were long nights when we would talk about things that were gravely important to us, or when we would talk about things like the bright sky, but it always seemed as if when we had these talks Chrollo would be more lively than usually. I suppose when you do get to talk about things you enjoy ,and go off on a tangent about them you begin to feel a sense of relief, but then with the factor that I enjoyed hearing him talk about things he loved. I don't understand why but I always seem to find myself staring at him as if he's brightest star when he talks. I personally just believe it's because hearing interest is something truly fascinating, but my mind tells me otherwise.

Walking down the stairs and into the kitchen the noticeable smell of coffee swarms the air along with a now breif scent of what smells like salty butter, looking to where Chrollo was trying to make some sort of crepe like item. He seemed to know what he was doing as when he flipped it , the crepe did not fold or mishaps itself instead it went flat down and stayed in the same round shape it was.

"I see you know how to cook something besides toast and premade pastries." I laugh as I walk to the table pulling pit a chair and sitting down.

"When you usually live alone you  tend to want to know of these things." Chrollo replies to me once again flipping the crepe

"I suppose, but I always found it easier to just run out of the house with nothing, but a coffee." I laugh tapping my finger against the wooden table." On the other side of things ,what's on the agenda for today? Are you going to make me try to kill you like last week, or try to test me in combat, or maybe something completely different?" I ask

" Today I've decided to take a break. You've been working for weeks and finally deserve a small rest day." He says to me as he gives me a plated with a crepe, and berries on the side. Surprisingly he was a good cook ,unlike me and my burnt toast I typically had no idea what I was doing .

"Well then I may just want to stay inside. It's safer since I ran into my brother back in the other city he's somehwrre around tracking me. I just sense it." I reply to chrollo as I bite into a strawberry

"Well then I guess that's what we'll do." He smiles at me as he sets a plate down on the other side of the table.

"What do you mean we'll? Don't you have more important things to do that watch me like I'm a child." I playfully say as a roll me eyes.

"No. I don't.  You see without my nen I can't do things I typically would as the boss, the most I can do is wait for updates from Hisoka,in which he hasn't sent any. So staying with you is truly my only option." Chrollo looks up to me taking a sip of coffee before putting it back down and looking directly at me again never breaking eyes contact.

"Sometimes I believe you're to logical for your own good." I say to him as he continues his eye contact

"Well sometimes it is something that is needed in this world." He replies back, at this point in time it seems as if this is an eye contact competition for who can keep eye contact the longest he keeps his eyes locked on mine as I do with his.

"What if I decide to sleep all day. You won't be able to stay with me." I say to him our eyes still locked

"I highly doubt that, you're full of energy ,and can't rest now." He quickly replies...

"Touche..." I respond breaking the eyes contact "touche."
-----------------------------------------------------------

As hours pass after breakfast me and Chrollo truly did nothing besides me listening to him ramble about books or him listening to me talk about family problems and how they were hunting me down. Truly a day off a day of nothing.

"Y/n. Do you listen to any sort of classical music?" Chrollo asks me turning to look at me who was sitting next to him

"Sometimes, but only when I have to memorize something or focus on work." I repto him looking back at him .

"Well have you ever danced to it?" He asks me getting up from the couch and grabbing a record from under the side table that was by the couch.

"Only once or twice. I never really thought much of dancing." I say looking over to see him placing a record onto a record player , as he'd said about 2 weeks ago. He liked vintage items ,like record players, and  old fashion tea kettles, and most things victorian style. Chrollo was really quite the interesting man ,as I've never met anyone who shared the same interests for the vintage things like me.

"Well it's fun to try it again I suppose." Chrollo says reaching his hand out towards me as paino music began from the record. Grabbing his hand while holding in a laugh. He pulls me closer to him now holding my waist with one hand and holding my hand with the other, as I grabbed his shoulder and his hand. "Have you ever waltzed?" He asks me

"Once for about 15 seconds before I decided I would rather be doing my bodyguard job." I reply letting out a small laugh.

"Then you may know how to do this." He says as he begins moving around the room at a slow pace. Me following his footsteps and his every move, he was right I did know how to waltz it was just never my prefered forte. Looking at him his eyes met mine once again locking us in the eye contact contest like we had this morning except this time his eyes seemed filled with a passion. As we waltz around the living room at a slow pace not bumping into any piece of furniture somehow  I still manage to make myself stumble in which me pulls me closer to get me back to how my stance was. Chrollo. Why did he do this? Why did he make me for once feel like there was more reason to life than just dying.  Barley thinking as we waltzed my eyes locked on his, and his eyes still locked on mine.
----------------------------------------------------------
ALMOST TIME FOR THE CHANGING CHAPTER. ..

LATE UPDATE I KNOW,BUT THIS WEEK HAS BEEN SHITTY

ANYWAYS I LOVE YOU  NEXT UPDATE IS MONDAY!!!!!🙈 <3