Chapter 2

After a few moments of just staring at the sea in bewilderment, you snapped back to reality and looked around. You were on a beach. To either side was more beach, and behind you were trees with a town in the distance. Raihan was beside you, sitting up with a groan.

"Where are we?" he muttered, rubbing his head. 

"Uh, all I know is we're not in Galar," you replied.

"Great...so that Azelf guy really did send us to another region, didn't he?" 

"Yeah, I think so." 

"Well..." Raihan sighed, glancing around. "Any idea what we do now?"

You glanced at the town. "I'm thinking we head over there. We might be able to get a better idea where we are if we can find a map or something." 

"Sounds good." Raihan nodded, standing up and offering his hand. You hesitated slightly before taking it and letting him help you up. 

The two of you began to walk towards the town. As you neared, you noticed it wasn't very big. There were only about five buildings, some looking like houses and others seeming more professional. A sign on the edge of the beach before the town caught your eye, and you paused to read it. 

"'Sandgem Town,'" Raihan read. "Interesting...doesn't ring any bells for me, though." 

"Me either," you sighed. 

Raihan glanced up. "C'mon. That place looks like a Pokemon Center. Maybe they can tell us something." 

You followed him to a building that looked fairly similar to the Pokemon Centers in Galar, but with orange instead of pink. The inside was a little different, though, as there was only a desk to the front and no side desks for the PokeMart. Nurse Joy was the only thing that was exactly the same. She smiled as you two walked over to her.

"Welcome to the Pokemon Center! How can I help you?" she asked. 

"We were actually kind of wondering where we are..." Raihan said.

She looked confused. "You're in the Pokemon Center in Sandgem Town. Are you alright?" 

"Yeah...well...we're actually from Galar--we were just there in fact--but all of a sudden this little Pokemon came out of nowhere and transported us here-" Raihan explained, only to be interrupted.

"Are you sure you're quite alright? That's quite a story, but hardly believable. Did you hit your head or something?" Nurse Joy asked.

"He's not lying. I was there too." I answered. 

"Random wild Pokemon can't just teleport people wherever they like," Joy said, beginning to sound a little annoyed. "I can't help you unless you tell me what's really going on." 

"We're not ly-"

"All we need to know is what region this is." Raihan said calmly, cutting you off. 

"It's Sinnoh of course!" 

"Sinnoh?" I said weakly.

"What's wrong?" Raihan asked.

"For starters, Sinnoh is incredibly far from Galar. Second, it's home to some of the most powerful legendary Pokemon, supposedly even Arceus himself."

"So is that good or bad? The part about it being full of legendaries I mean."

"I have no idea," you sighed, pinching the bridge of your nose. "All I know is we're stuck." 

"Well, don't say that yet. I'm sure we can get some sort of ride to Galar," Raihan reassured you.