9

The arcade wasn't that busy when I walked in, letting me spot Austin quickly. He saw me, too, grinned, and walked over. "Hey, Allisun." He held his hand up for a high-five, which I gave. "So, how do we know when they get here?" I shrugged. "Wow, okay. I thought you were smarter than this, Alli."

An older male approached us. He was tall, and had a full beard. "Alli?" He asked, looking at me. I nodded, and he pointed to Austin. "Are you Austin?"

He nodded. "Yes, sir. And you are?"

He smiled. "Wade. I'm Wade. It's... it's great to meet you two." I smiled up at him, nodding.

Another male walked into the building, and I realized it was Bob. He looked at us, grinning. "Now, which one of you is my niece?" I giggled softly as he hugged me, picking me up and spinning me around. "Alli! How've you been? God, I missed you!"

Wade laughed. "Look at that, a family reunion!"

Bob put me down. "Now. Why don't we go play some fucking games?"

The four of us played in the arcade for about a half hour before I noticed two people approaching Wade. I threw my last skee ball, then grabbed the tickets I earned and tapped Austin's shoulder.

"Yeah, Alli?" I pointed over his shoulder at Wade, and he turned around. "Huh. Isn't that Mr. Fishbach and Mr. McLoughlin?"

Jack turned to us and grinned when he recognized me. He excused himself from Wade, then walked over.

"Allisun! I didn't know that your meetup was here, too!" He looked at Austin. "And Austin. I'm guessing you two are friends now?" I nodded. "Good. Austin, please treat her well."

Austin nodded. "I will, Mr. McLoughlin."

"Just call me Jack, please. It's much easier."

"Group meeting!" Bob called out. Jack spared a brief smile before walking over to him.

"Come on." Austin put a hand on my shoulder, guiding me over. "This is really weird." He whispered in my ear. "Did you know they were in the group?" I shook my head.

"So. Guys." Bob stated. "It's great to see you all again after all this time. I think one of us needs to make an introduction to everyone." He smiled down at me. "Alli?" All eyes turned to me, and I felt my face heat up.

Mark's eyes were wide. "Allisun?"

"Alli, come here." Bob waved me closer. I stepped forward, standing in front of him. He put his hands on my shoulders and spun me around so everyone could look at me. "Guys, I would like to formally introduce you to Allisun Vorhees, our little Allistar03 on the group chat." Bob winked at Mark and Jack. "And I believe the same Allisun you two were looking to adopt."

I turned to them, watching with a gaping mouth. "Uh... what?" Mark was confused.

"Did... did you know this already?" Jack asked.

Bob nodded. "I knew since the day I called her. Y'know, when you were all talking in Sean's classroom?"

"And why didn't you tell us?" Mark prodded.

"I wanted it to be a surprise."

Jack sighed. "Fine. Well, I guess the secret's our then." Jack looked at me, smiling. "We're adopting you, Allisun?" My eyes widened, looking at Mark, who nodded.

"He's right. The papers are all finalized, and we talked to Ms. Fairchild. She said you're clear to move in with us in two days."

I grinned looking back at Jack, who had open arms. I ran into them, squeezing him tightly.

"Thank you." I whispered, barely audible to myself.

Bob's smile grew wider. "What did you say, Alli?" I pulled away, shaking my head, trying to tell him I didn't say anything. "No, no- don't even pull that on me. I know what I heard."

"What?" Wade asked. "I didn't hear anything."

"Neither did I." Jack said.

Bob kneeled down. "Allisun. Please. I know you broke. Say it again."

I took a deep breath, turning back to Jack, who had hopeful eyes. I stood frozen for a brief moment before saying it quickly. "Thank you."

Austin ran up, tackling me in a hug. "Alli said her first words!" I laughed, hugging him back.

"I... did I just break her?" Jack said, confused.

Mark put a hand on his shoulder. "I think it's a good thing. But Alli... I thought you couldn't say anything at all."

I nodded at him. "I can." I said softly. "I just... don't like to."

"Why?" Wade asked. "I like your voice. It's beautiful and soft."

I blushed. "...really?"

Mark nodded. "Really."

"Okay, guys, let's not embarrass her any more, or else she'll go back to being mute." Bob joked. "Come on, let's go get some dinner."

We all left the arcade. Austin was holding tightly to my hand, squeezing it periodically. Mark and Jack walked behind us, and I could feel their eyes and smiles toward me the whole way to the restaurant.