Utter Bliss

Summary: 

"It was their moment, their utter bliss."

Imagine Kai and Cinder falling asleep after a busy day, feeling giddy already? (me too!)

Cinder's Perspective-

She sprawled on the large snowy-fluffy bed that lifted her spirits to Cloud 9. In that high, a moan escaped from her lips. What an utter bliss!

Suddenly someone hit the hay rather enthusiastically beside her, breaking her very precious moment in heaven.

"I swear Kai, one of these days I regret marrying you" she muttered both teasingly and angrily.

"Hmm..." his voice trailed as he spread his limbs and arms like that of a starfish. He was still in his perfect heavenly mood while he had broken hers. The Emperor seemed to draw energy from the extra white and cold sheets of the king-sized bed that he insisted to call an emperor-size bed.

"You don't get the man without the pain, Cinder." He said, pulling her closer.

She would have been perfectly content to stay like this for forever. Alas! Duty called, literally. Torin had commed. This time their part time advisor, part time adopted dad disturbed the blissful moment, making Kai grunt.

"Your Majesty, President Vagas of America is on the line. He wants to speak with you. May I connect him to you?"

"Stars above, Torin, it is MIDNIGHT. Can't' the President follow some professional protocols while calling the Emperor? He is speaking with the Emperor of Eastern Commonwealth, not some customer service person who will receive his comms anytime. Ask him to comm tomorrow. And yeah you should sleep as well." Kai exclaimed. Cinder smiled at his unusual outburst, more often than not Kai was a workaholic.

He threw a big tantrum after ending the comm as he walked back to the 'Emperor-size bed'.

"Come here" Cinder said longingly. It looked like she was trying to calm him down. However she herself missed his warmth. He was the one filled with warmth unlike her cold self.

"Some days I wanna die and today is one such day. I am so exhausted" he made a fuss coming back in her arms.

"Don't die alone. Inform me beforehand so I can join you as well" she whispered in his ear.

A smile traced at the nape of her neck, making her shiver.

"But really, I am so done with today's work like can we step down or better yet dissolve it like you did with Lunar Monarchy" he asked, clumsily playing with her hair. Fatigue was getting a hold on him as he rambled things to her.

"There is always an option"

Today or yesterday had been an exhausting day. They had an interview where the reporters tried to chew them raw, then a meeting which was unscheduled and unexpected with the world leaders where Vargas and Camilla tied to rip each other apart through port screens.

Later they had to go for an unnecessary State Dinner where she had to fake smile till her cheeks hurt towards complete strangers just because she was the Empress. By 2200 she was ready to hit the bed and call it off for the day. She was dying to sleep. The world is not a wish granting factory, the dinner got delayed, an emergency erupted at the Palace and they were supposed to wait back till one in the morning. Her internal clock showed 0200, which was pretty late according to any sleeping standards.

This is the very reason why she did not miss being the Queen of Luna. Uh! - Being royalty is tiring.

Out of the blue, Kai groaned.

Concerned, she asked, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah just this headache that's killing me"

It took an immense amount of labors to just drag her out of the comforters and make up the will to lift her from the comfy bed. She was sure that if Kai was in her shoes then he would have helped her in an instant. She sat up with Kai's head in her lap and massaged his head with her fingertips in an attempt to make her feel better. And better, he certainly did feel for a smile formed at the corner of his lips, making her want to kiss her adorable husband. He portrayed himself as a sarcastic Emperor who did not care about anyone but in reality she knew that he was the most selfless person she knew and very and she meant it very cute.

He whispered, "Thank you Cinder..." his voice trailed into a moan. He continued to say incoherent words that sounded like 'Thank you' and 'I love you'.

"You don't have to do it. Even you are tired, I feel so guilty to make you help me when you could just sleep." He rambled; sleep already taking over his senses.

"Shh! You deserve it, besides you have worked hard and you do it for me every time I have a hectic day, so stop rambling, my cute Emperor"

"Cinder..."

"Huh?"

"You are my best wife Cinder!"

"Don't you mean THE best wife, Kai?"

"No, just 'MY' best wife," he said, doing the cute air quotes. "Well, you are my best wife that I ever had." He added teasingly.

"Yeah, sure I am so much better than your other wife; my aunt was not good for you, Kaito." She said playing along.

"Don't exaggerate Cinder." Faking hurt for speaking about HIS OTHER wife in such ill-manner

They shared a moment of silence, where they were at bliss without really saying anything.

"I love you" he whispered, falling into slumber.

She was so lost in thoughts watching Kai fall asleep that she almost missed it but after hearing her one dork of a husband snore lightly she realized he was asleep. She kissed his temple and said, "I love you too, Kai".

She laid his head on the pillow making sure not to disturb him. Cinder snuggled with Kai close to her while he draped her arms around her. It almost felt like they needed each other to fall asleep, like two pieces of puzzle that don't make sense until they are together. He muttered something incoherent, making Cinder laugh slightly and fall asleep in the arms of her beloved.

It was their moment, their utter bliss.

__

A/N: You finally got fluff, after the whole 'Rumors and Affairs' angst! This will revolve around Kaider only, I am not capable of writing other ships- is what I think. However, there will be insights of Rampion Crew here and there.

Be sure to vote or comment, if you like it! 

See ya,

Tyla