Chapter 153.1

"So how do they intend to use it after getting the Golden Crow Wheel?" Zhou Sheng said in a low voice. He gazed at the floating tea leaves in the glass cup — some floated to the top, while others sank to the bottom.

Qin Guodong didn't answer him.

"I'll change the question," Zhou Sheng pondered, then continued, "Does Ren Chong intend to continue handing it up to his superiors after getting it? Hand it up layer by layer, and put it in some place where the country collects important treasures?"

"There must be a conclusion even if he were to hand it up." Qin Guodong laughed and explained, "It's not as if people would just believe you if you were to just casually pick something up and take it to the State Department, and just accept it. If you want the leaders to believe you, you'll have to integrate material objects, have a detailed research report, and carry out demonstrations when necessary."

Zhou Sheng suddenly sensed part of Qin Guodong's real intention hidden in the deepest parts under layers of pretenses.

"At first, they discussed many different ways." Qin Guodong said, "Zhao Liang made use of his personal connections to set up a small research laboratory, but soon after, Ren Chong discovered that his real purpose could be to take it for himself...so some disputes broke out between them, and the investigation team decided to be dissolved temporarily."

Zhou Sheng thought for a bit before saying, "Ren Chong wants to protect both me and it temporarily, wait for an opportunity to communicate with me, then start investigating. On the other hand, Zhao Liang couldn't wait to make a move. But ultimately, without my cooperation, there's no use even if they were to get the Golden Crow Wheel."

Qin Guodong said, "That's the initial agreement I had with Lao Ren after we talked things over when I left office."

Zhou Sheng, "Let me hold onto the Golden Crow Wheel, and then no one can make a move to snatch it openly. The one who makes a move first loses. But do you understand me that well? I couldn't tell."

Qin Guodong glanced at his watch and answered, "That was Huang Ting's suggestion; the actual plan is very complicated. Lao Ren's opinion was 'can be considered', provided you had the strength to protect the treasure, so as to prevent the secret from being leaked any further."

"The actual plan is very complicated?" Zhou Sheng was a little surprised as he asked.

"The plan to study the Golden Crow Wheel." Qin Guodong stated, "I still remember the day when we first saw Huang Ting's report. Everyone thought it was really unfathomable."

Zhou Sheng said, "When I first got the Golden Crow Wheel, I found it really unfathomable too. I even suspected whether it had some sort of task for me to accomplish, and after the task is over, everyone associated with it would forget everything about it..."

"No." Qin Guodong shook his head. "The Golden Crow Wheel's existence isn't odd. Things that were even more peculiar than it that couldn't be explained by current scientific principles have been witnessed by some people before. The 'unfathomable' part I was referring to was of how it chose you."

Qin Guodong shrugged. Zhou Sheng smiled. "So what about that?"

Qin Guodong looked into Zhou Sheng's eyes meaningfully and asked, "What do you plan to do next?"

Zhou Sheng answered, "Wait for them to find me. It'll take about 10 days to half a month. When one of them can't hold back anymore, they'll come find me and ask me to cooperate with their research. The real world is their territory, but dreams are mine. He's definitely not too far from Beijing, and he may just be hiding somewhere in this city. Do you know where his research laboratory is?"