Hanbin stood there, underwhelmed as he's already seen those types of spells before. "Princess... I hate to break it to you but that's just an illusion spell." He informs her.

Many Magians from the West Kingdom were able to create illusions that looked like real rainstorms or large blazes of fire. But that was the thing- they were only illusions that anyone could simply touch and feel nothing, as if it were air.

"It's not just an illusion, Hanbin." Jihye said curtly, her impatience as clear in her voice as it was on her face. "Put your hand under it." She pushed the rainstorm closer.

Obeying with hesitance, Hanbin shifted towards Jihye and reached his hand underneath the small cloud. His eyes immediately widened as he took a sharp intake of breath. He could feel the coldness of the water as it pattered on his calloused fingers and palm. Soon, his hand was filled with a puddle of rain. That's when it finally settled in Hanbin's mind.

It was real water. That came from a cloud Jihye created using a spell. A spell that came from a mysterious journal that somehow ended up in his family's bookshop.

Hanbin pulled his hand away as if he'd been burned. "I-it's not an illusion..." He staggered away and shook his hand dry. "You- you actually created rain!"

Jihye smiled proudly, happy she was able to convince Hanbin she was telling the truth. After proving herself, Jihye dispersed the cloud with a flick of a wrist. "This Magic is called Elementalism. Different spells allow you to bend different elements." She began to explain now that Hanbin was more than willing to listen and learn. "Fire, earth, wind-"

"Water." Hanbin finished for her. His skin crawled, goosebumps pimpling all across.

Jihye nodded at him. "And other elements like lightning." Her grin widened, almost cynically. "But that's just the first section."

"Just in the first section?" Hanbin mumbled, his voice was shocked and incredulous. "What's in the others?"

Jihye was overwhelmed with information herself. Over the course of only a few hours, Jihye had learned multiple things about the seemingly obscure spells and Magic classifications. The journal itself was divided into four sections; the very first being Elemntalism- which she was barely able to make it past the first pages of spells before the sun began to rise. Then there were the other three she had yet to fully understand its full capabilities: Abjuration, Necromancy, and Divination.

"It's hard to explain it all in just one rambling. Especially since it's Magic no one from any of the Four Kingdoms were to believe was plausible." Jihye threw him a side eye and raised brow. "You didn't even believe me when I first explained it to you."

At that, Hanbin grimaced. "I-I'm sorry but it was just mind boggling that this book that I liked to look at because of the pictures was actually a spell book filled with undiscovered Magic!" Hanbin's hands flew towards his chest in defense. "And I just don't get why would the person who knew of it would want to write it down in a journal in a code?"

Jihye pursed her lips at that and raised her arms to cross them over her chest. "That's what I don't get either. Why would the author go through the trouble to write everything down in a code?" She kept her eyes focused steadily on the journal, her fingers hovering over her lip in thought.

"Did it have the author's name in it somewhere?" Hanbin asked, and Jihye had a feeling that was only the first of many.

Jihye's gaze flickers upwards before nodding. "It did..." She closed the journal and flipped it onto its side, with the spine of the journal facing the ceiling. Jihye dragged her fingers across the symbols that were burned into the leather. "It was written by some person named De-ah."