(Chapter 1) I'm Danielle,

It is often said that our choices and actions define what our destiny is, and although that may be true, our fate in which life and death arises is when we are no longer in the wheel of decision making. I grew up with my childhood friend, Edith Campbell, she came from a wealthy Marquess family while I was born in a holy Count family, one of her father's vassals. Edith was a quiet girl, making it hard to know what she was thinking. Although don't be fooled, once you gather enough space in her heart, you'll know that she's kind-hearted and bright, which seemed to contradict her normal attire. 

The child grew up to be a beautiful woman, with ruby like hair and eyes that resembled the clear blue sky, she then married the Grand Duke and gave birth to an heir. The moment she sent the letter saying that she had missed me, I immediately packed my things and ventured out the Holy Temple, staying in the same religious clothing. The child I hugged was very beautiful and healthy, resembling both the Grand Duke and her. With his clear blue eyes and dashing face, his destiny is for sure to be one of a heartbreaker

While I was holding the baby on behalf of the weakened mother, the Grand Duke said, looking towards the child in my hands

"The child's name is Callahan"

He then took off without taking a single glance at his wife who almost died giving birth to this child. I stared blankly at the back of the wrecked man, wishing to beat the crap out of him for leaving his damsel in clear distress. 

The winter wind and heavy rain eerily powered through the room, leaving no sound other than the young mother's painful groans and the powerful lightning flashing every few seconds.

     'The child's name is Callahan'

Callahan,     Callahan  Damon  Lennox,  a name that means bright headed or devotee to the church. The more I thought about it, the more familiar the name strangely came to mind.

"Callahan..... a nickname, what should be a good nickname?"

"Hans"

I suddenly blurted out without thinking, surprising myself in the process at how easily I said it, as if it were natural. Edith who was on the verge of passing out then looked up and smiled.

"Yes, that is quite a good name-"

After being said, the weakened duchess started her rounds of coughing, splattering blood across the mattress. My best friend's body was turning blue due to her trouble with breathing as her body shook immensely. The doctor immediately rushed in to  the room to check her condition while Edith's personal maid whispered to me.

"Lady Leighton please step out and take the young master away from the room, her Grace may get sick!"

I went out the room with the baby in my arms. Unlike Edith's room that was hot and humid due to the large fire in the fireplace, the outside was chilly because of the snowstorm outside. I shakily wrapped my fur coat around the baby, making sure he wasn't experiencing the cold breeze throughout the halls.