Bakugo stared them all down with murderous intent. Their loudness pissed him off. "God, what a shitshow..."

☄. *. ⋆
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

saturday, the weekend

After their study session, Bakugo and y/n barely spoke to each other— not that they had an issue, but were just both busy with their own lives. Mainly y/n, who focused on her goal to catch up on most of UA's curriculum and possibly get ahead. She couldn't stand having to ask Bakugo for help.

"Okay, guys!" Mina cheered. "So the plan for today is to pair up and basically just walk around campus to look for possible recruits." She turned to Momo, gesturing for her to continue.

"We've made signs and simple little costumes for you guys to wear so we could attract more attention," she takes a few of the signs from the floor and hands them to Mina to pass around. "There are also these little animal ears we got, they're so cute!" Momo nearly gets distracted when looking at the animal ears as Mina squealed.

She cleared her throat and straightened up, nudging Mina to pay attention. "We also have face paint here for anybody who wants to go the extra mile."

"Alright, now we're going to call out the pairs!" Mina exclaims, waving a piece of paper in the air. "We have: Momo and I, of course, Midoriya and Todoroki, Sero and Tsu, Jiro and Tokoyami, y/n and Bakugo—"

"What— why do I have to be with her?" Bakugo interrupts.

"Well, she seems to be the only person that can survive your wrath, so.. you and her!" Mina said, backing up out of Bakugo's range.

As she continued calling out names, Bakugo and y/n eyed each other, Bakugo's face contorted with annoyance. 

"Good luck!" Momo and Mina say simultaneously, throwing up confetti that no doubt, many of the students wondered where it came from.

"Hey, Bakugo!" y/n called out, jogging in order to catch up to him. "What's up with you?" She asked, scrunching up her nose. "Why are you so grumpy?"

He glared at her from the corner of his eye and huffed. "Nothing...— not that it's any of your business." He added.

y/n rolled her eyes and looked down at her feet, "Whatever, I just thought we were past that stage..." she mumbled, kicking a couple rocks out of her way.

Bakugo's eyebrows raised, his head turning slightly towards him. Why does she look like that?

"What the hell are you going on about, now?" He growled, frustrated by her vagueness.

y/n smiled, though it didn't reach her eyes, "It's fine, don't worry about it." She continued to kick pebbles away until Bakugo stopped her once they reached class 2-A's tent.

Bakugo went in the tent to grab the animal ears. He came back out and handed her a cat headband.

y/n stared at it and hesitantly donned it before looking at Bakugo. "Hey, where are yours?"

"Ha, I'm not putting those things on," he scoffed, pointing and looking at the ears in disgust.

"Absolutely not, that won't do. I refuse to be the only one wearing the ears," y/n seethed, marching into the tent and searching for the right pair of ears.