"At... home...?" y/n winced. "BUT! BUT I CAN GET IT! I just didn't think you'd agree to help me, so don't get mad, okay??" She yelled out before Bakugo could say anything. Judging by the face he made, he probably would've thrown her out of a window if she didn't say that.

Bakugo looked out at the window; it was getting dark. "How?" He said, deadpanning.

"I'll make my butterflies go get it. Just wait a few minutes." A group of butterflies then flew out of her back in the form of wings and proceeded to go out of the window in the direction of y/n's house.

Bakugo stared at her for a moment, causing y/n to quirk an eyebrow. He wanted to say something.

"Tell me," he said

"Hm?" y/n hummed as she flipped through the pages of her new notes, highlighting and decoration the pages with doodles.

"How does your quirk work..?"

He seemed to be asking cautiously, as if he thought asking this would be rude— even though he could honestly care less what comes out of his mouth.

"Oh, well, basically... I'm kinda, like, made of butterflies." y/n explained. "So I can turn them into copies of myself, which is helpful at times," she smirked, reminding him of what happened when he first visited his house.

Bakugo clicked his tongue, rolling his eyes. Then he leaned in, pressing his elbows on the surface if the table and waited for her to continue.

"But I can also make them do things in the natural form, you know, as butterflies," she made hand gestures, mimicking wings, and earning a grunt and nod from Bakugo.

y/n smiled at his attentive behavior: how he leaned forward and pressed his cheek to the palm of his hand and stared intensely, watching her every move; how he'd nod and grunt in understanding or he'd furrow his brows when he was confused.

She thought it was funny how he didn't care what he said when insulting others and engaging in general conversation, but when it came asking more personal questions, he'd shy away.

If y/n wasn't as observant as she was, she would've just brushed off his stares and glares as him just being Bakugo.

Brown butterflies now flew back through the window, her backpack hovering on top of them as they dropped it carefully on the table next to her.

"Merci, mes amours," y/n smiled and picked up her backpack, rummaging until she found her homework and pulled it out.

*Thank you, my loves

y/n saw Bakugo watching as her butterflies entered back in her body through her back, then look back at her. She held her homework in her hand, smiling as if she was showcasing it.

Bakugo rolled his eyes.

"You know, you're especially tame these days," she pointed out, gazing up at him through her lashes. His brows furrowed in response and he clicked his tongue.

"Tch. Shut it, nerd."

y/n quirked an eyebrow at him, as if saying: 'you wanna go there?"

"Don't-"

"Mmhmm," y/n hummed knowingly, interrupting him. Bakugo huffed and snatched the homework from her hand, then looked at it with a smirk."

"Don't even think about blowing it up, Bakugo. I refuse to tell Aizawa that my homework got blown up."

Bakugo stifled a laugh. "Better than telling him your dog ate it..." he said as he moved over to her side of the table and sat down.

This session wasn't as stressful on Bakugo as the studying session was, considering now, y/n at least had some idea of what she was doing. Bakugo's body hovered over y/n as he guided her through the steps of her homework.

Halfway through her work, y/n let out a great yawn, stretching her body with a soft grunt.

"You still haven't slept?"

She responded with a shake of her head, drawing out another yawn. As she stretched some more, some of her bones cracked, causing her to giggle in surprise. "Oh my god, Do I have Arthritis?..." she muttered under her breath.

Bakugo shook his head, knowing she didn't mean for him to hear any of it. He gazed over at her, "... Why didn't you sleep?"

"Hm, not sure, really," y/n said, her eyes half-lidded, "Just couldn't fall asleep." Bakugo chuckled softly at her half-assed answers, then turned serious.

His expression grew slightly alarmed as he watched y/n begin to falter, her eyes fluttering shut occasionally. "Don't fall asleep now, Medusa!" He inched away from her.

"Mm, my hair isn't even in twists anymore..." she grumbled sleepily, her brows furrowing softly, as if she didn't have enough energy to furrow them completely. Her body tilted towards him, rocking s little.

Bakugo tensed up a little, then relaxed when his eyes landed on the curls that hung on her shoulders. "... They still look like coily snakes.." His voice was barely audible now as his hand cautiously inched toward y/n's hair.

y/n chucked quietly, "Is that supposed to be a compliment? Stupid..." Her words slurred slightly and she trailed off, her head landing on Bakugo's shoulder.

Bakugo perked up, caught off guard by the sudden weight since his attention was on her hair. y/n's chest heaved as her breathing slowed and became less labored. He melted into her soft snores, his mind suddenly going some place else.

Why.. does this feel so familiar?

☄. *. ⋆
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

 ⋆───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────